Trade Deadline: Tigers pursuing Nationals’ Jason Marquis?
|07.29.11 at 9:38 am ET|
Ubaldo Jimenz isn’t the only pitcher the Tigers are looking at to strengthen their rotation. FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi reported Thursday that the Tigers are also looking at Nationals starter Jason Marquis.
Marquis is 8-5 with a 3.95 ERA this season. The 35-year-old righty has played for five different teams in his career, appearing in the postseason seven times. Red Sox fans may best remember him as the losing pitcher in Game 4 of the 2004 World Series against the Cardinals.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Justin Haley promoted to Portland; Jonathan Aro moved up to Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/21-27: Brian Johnson & Travis Shaw
- Cup of Coffee: Rain can't dampen Augliera, Swihart
- Weekly Notes: Trade deadline approaches
- Cup of Coffee: Light continues to shine, Portland mounts a comeback
- Red Sox acquire two pitching prospects in Peavy trade
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket pushes streak to 11 games
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson strikes out 12 in win, Betts leads PawSox in route
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Owens falters in Futures rematch; Shaw leads PawSox