Trade Deadline: Tigers pursuing Nationals’ Jason Marquis?
|07.29.11 at 9:38 am ET|
Ubaldo Jimenz isn’t the only pitcher the Tigers are looking at to strengthen their rotation. FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi reported Thursday that the Tigers are also looking at Nationals starter Jason Marquis.
Marquis is 8-5 with a 3.95 ERA this season. The 35-year-old righty has played for five different teams in his career, appearing in the postseason seven times. Red Sox fans may best remember him as the losing pitcher in Game 4 of the 2004 World Series against the Cardinals.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando