Trade Deadline: Tigers pursuing Nationals’ Jason Marquis?
|07.29.11 at 9:38 am ET|
Ubaldo Jimenz isn’t the only pitcher the Tigers are looking at to strengthen their rotation. FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi reported Thursday that the Tigers are also looking at Nationals starter Jason Marquis.
Marquis is 8-5 with a 3.95 ERA this season. The 35-year-old righty has played for five different teams in his career, appearing in the postseason seven times. Red Sox fans may best remember him as the losing pitcher in Game 4 of the 2004 World Series against the Cardinals.
- Preliminary 'New Stars for Young Stars' lineup announced
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder