Trade Deadline: Tigers pursuing Nationals’ Jason Marquis?
|07.29.11 at 9:38 am ET|
Ubaldo Jimenz isn’t the only pitcher the Tigers are looking at to strengthen their rotation. FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi reported Thursday that the Tigers are also looking at Nationals starter Jason Marquis.
Marquis is 8-5 with a 3.95 ERA this season. The 35-year-old righty has played for five different teams in his career, appearing in the postseason seven times. Red Sox fans may best remember him as the losing pitcher in Game 4 of the 2004 World Series against the Cardinals.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.