Trade Deadline: Tigers pursuing Nationals’ Jason Marquis?
|07.29.11 at 9:38 am ET|
Ubaldo Jimenz isn’t the only pitcher the Tigers are looking at to strengthen their rotation. FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi reported Thursday that the Tigers are also looking at Nationals starter Jason Marquis.
Marquis is 8-5 with a 3.95 ERA this season. The 35-year-old righty has played for five different teams in his career, appearing in the postseason seven times. Red Sox fans may best remember him as the losing pitcher in Game 4 of the 2004 World Series against the Cardinals.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Red Sox win GCL title, Castillo debuts
- ESPN Boston: Farm clubs faring well
- Cup of Coffee: Rusney Castillo debuts, PawSox clinch wild card
- Red Sox acquire infielders Jemile Weeks and Ivan De Jesus
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Light dominate, GCL takes game one
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson keeps rolling, GCL wins semifinal
- Cup of Coffee: Gonzalez leads combined no-hitter in DSL Playoff opener
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads Salem to doubleheader split
- Players of the Week, 8/18-24: Brian Johnson & Mike Miller
- Cup of Coffee: Speier helps GCL Sox clinch division title