Trade Deadline: Rays likely to stay put
|07.30.11 at 9:40 pm ET|
The Red Sox have acquired Royals middle infielder Mike Aviles and are looking into starting pitching options along with the Yankees. American League East rival Tampa Bay, however, has been quiet in the days leading up to the trade deadline.
Rays manager Joe Maddon doesn’t expect any roster changes, according to a tweet from Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times. Center fielder B.J. Upton has been the subject of many trade rumors, but he is playing in Saturday’s game against the Mariners.
Tampa Bay enters Saturday’s action trailing the division-leading Red Sox by 9½ games and the second-place Yankees by 7½ games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest
- Weekly Notes: Moncada set to debut, Brian Johnson keeps producing
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech and Haley solid, Tejeda swinging a hot bat
- Yoan Moncada to debut with Greenville on Monday
- Cup of Coffee: Witte nearly hits for the cycle, Devers strong for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Roberson hits for the cycle, Owens has impressive start
- Brian Johnson ignores the noise, dominates in Pawtucket