Trade Deadline: Rays likely to stay put
|07.30.11 at 9:40 pm ET|
The Red Sox have acquired Royals middle infielder Mike Aviles and are looking into starting pitching options along with the Yankees. American League East rival Tampa Bay, however, has been quiet in the days leading up to the trade deadline.
Rays manager Joe Maddon doesn’t expect any roster changes, according to a tweet from Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times. Center fielder B.J. Upton has been the subject of many trade rumors, but he is playing in Saturday’s game against the Mariners.
Tampa Bay enters Saturday’s action trailing the division-leading Red Sox by 9½ games and the second-place Yankees by 7½ games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Chris Hatfield
- SoxProspects.com 2014 season-end award winners
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #64: Playing Out the Stretch
- Weekly Notes: Prospects flock to Boston
- 2014 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Couch leads PawSox to Series win
- Cup of Coffee: Owens struggles, pushing PawSox to the brink