Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Live Blog, Sept. 14
|09.14.11 at 1:35 pm ET|
The Red Sox will hope their lineup can sustain its Tuesday night breakout for another day, this time against Blue Jays ace Ricky Romero. Though the Sox will be without David Ortiz due to back spasms that have sidelined the slugger, the Sox do have a number of players with impressive track records against the Toronto southpaw, explaining the pitcher’s 3-6 record and 7.63 ERA in 12 career starts against Boston. The Sox, meanwhile, will hope that John Lackey‘s fourth start against the Blue Jays is considerably better than his first three this year, in which the right-hander has a 1-2 record and 12.00 ERA.
For the latest news, analysis and updates from the game, join the Live Blog below.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Luis Alexander Basabe
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits in Portland's slugfest
- Cup of Coffee: Dalbec keeps hitting, Dubon, Atkins lead Portland