Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Live Blog, Sept. 14
|09.14.11 at 1:35 pm ET|
The Red Sox will hope their lineup can sustain its Tuesday night breakout for another day, this time against Blue Jays ace Ricky Romero. Though the Sox will be without David Ortiz due to back spasms that have sidelined the slugger, the Sox do have a number of players with impressive track records against the Toronto southpaw, explaining the pitcher’s 3-6 record and 7.63 ERA in 12 career starts against Boston. The Sox, meanwhile, will hope that John Lackey‘s fourth start against the Blue Jays is considerably better than his first three this year, in which the right-hander has a 1-2 record and 12.00 ERA.
For the latest news, analysis and updates from the game, join the Live Blog below.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Weekly Notes: The Yoan Moncada era begins
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest
- Weekly Notes: Moncada set to debut, Brian Johnson keeps producing
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech and Haley solid, Tejeda swinging a hot bat