Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Live Blog, Sept. 14
|09.14.11 at 1:35 pm ET|
The Red Sox will hope their lineup can sustain its Tuesday night breakout for another day, this time against Blue Jays ace Ricky Romero. Though the Sox will be without David Ortiz due to back spasms that have sidelined the slugger, the Sox do have a number of players with impressive track records against the Toronto southpaw, explaining the pitcher’s 3-6 record and 7.63 ERA in 12 career starts against Boston. The Sox, meanwhile, will hope that John Lackey‘s fourth start against the Blue Jays is considerably better than his first three this year, in which the right-hander has a 1-2 record and 12.00 ERA.
For the latest news, analysis and updates from the game, join the Live Blog below.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance
- Weekly Notes: Moncada promoted, Kopech debuts, and Salem claims Southern Division first-half title