Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Live Blog, Sept. 14
|09.14.11 at 1:35 pm ET|
The Red Sox will hope their lineup can sustain its Tuesday night breakout for another day, this time against Blue Jays ace Ricky Romero. Though the Sox will be without David Ortiz due to back spasms that have sidelined the slugger, the Sox do have a number of players with impressive track records against the Toronto southpaw, explaining the pitcher’s 3-6 record and 7.63 ERA in 12 career starts against Boston. The Sox, meanwhile, will hope that John Lackey‘s fourth start against the Blue Jays is considerably better than his first three this year, in which the right-hander has a 1-2 record and 12.00 ERA.
For the latest news, analysis and updates from the game, join the Live Blog below.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Write-Up: Benintendi, Basabe and more from Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi has three hits in return to Lowell lineup
- Weekly Notes: Sox quiet at deadline, Owens called up
- Scouting Scratch: Greenville Arms Part 1
- Kevin Steen promoted to Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Yoan Moncada and Tim Roberson have big days in Portland slugfest
- Owens to be called up, will debut in Yankee Stadium
- Cup of Coffee: Ockimey powers Lowell, Hernandez leads PawSox comeback
- Cup of Coffee: McAvoy tosses Salem past Nationals
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis shines in national TV spotlight