Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Live Blog, Sept. 14
|09.14.11 at 1:35 pm ET|
The Red Sox will hope their lineup can sustain its Tuesday night breakout for another day, this time against Blue Jays ace Ricky Romero. Though the Sox will be without David Ortiz due to back spasms that have sidelined the slugger, the Sox do have a number of players with impressive track records against the Toronto southpaw, explaining the pitcher’s 3-6 record and 7.63 ERA in 12 career starts against Boston. The Sox, meanwhile, will hope that John Lackey‘s fourth start against the Blue Jays is considerably better than his first three this year, in which the right-hander has a 1-2 record and 12.00 ERA.
For the latest news, analysis and updates from the game, join the Live Blog below.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz walks off for PawSox home opener
- Cup of Coffee: Jackie Bradley Jr. continues hot start, Pawtucket falls in doubleheader
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 6: Mid-Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Margot, Longhi, and Cecchini provide the power
- Podcast Ep. 73: Scout Talk and Season's Start
- Cup of Coffee: Abbreviated 2015 debuts for Kopech, Barnes
- Weekly Notes: Let the games begin