Stop the presses: Someone thought they saw Theo Epstein in Chicago
|10.09.11 at 9:14 am ET|
While we await the next wave of Red Sox drama to come our way — presumably regarding the future of Theo Epstein — we are left to rely on a Chicago resident’s latest Starbucks visit to keep the train moving.
According to Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune, a man by the name of Noah Pinzur, a lifelong Cubs fan, insists he not only saw Epstein in Chicago Saturday, but talked to him while both were experiencing some Starbucks deliciousness on the corner of Racine and Wrightwood Avenues. Pinzur said that a man resembling Epstein, wearing a ‘Diablos’ baseball hat, got out of a Honda SUV to stand in a short line.
That led the following conversation, which Sullivan describes:
“Excuse me,” he said. “Are you Theo Epstein?”
“No,” replied Epstein, or the Epstein lookalike. “I get that a lot.”
After a brief pause, the real or fake Epstein added: “Who is Theo Epstein?”
Pinzur replied: “He’s the guy who may become general manager of the Cubs, or at least we hope.”
Pinzur went on to say that after conducting a Google search, he was not only convinced the man he talked to was Epstein, but the woman he was with was his wife. The Cubs fan also insisted that the SUV the pair got back into clearly was being driven in the direction of Wrigley Field.
So, there you have it …
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles