Stop the presses: Someone thought they saw Theo Epstein in Chicago
|10.09.11 at 9:14 am ET|
While we await the next wave of Red Sox drama to come our way — presumably regarding the future of Theo Epstein — we are left to rely on a Chicago resident’s latest Starbucks visit to keep the train moving.
According to Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune, a man by the name of Noah Pinzur, a lifelong Cubs fan, insists he not only saw Epstein in Chicago Saturday, but talked to him while both were experiencing some Starbucks deliciousness on the corner of Racine and Wrightwood Avenues. Pinzur said that a man resembling Epstein, wearing a ‘Diablos’ baseball hat, got out of a Honda SUV to stand in a short line.
That led the following conversation, which Sullivan describes:
“Excuse me,” he said. “Are you Theo Epstein?”
“No,” replied Epstein, or the Epstein lookalike. “I get that a lot.”
After a brief pause, the real or fake Epstein added: “Who is Theo Epstein?”
Pinzur replied: “He’s the guy who may become general manager of the Cubs, or at least we hope.”
Pinzur went on to say that after conducting a Google search, he was not only convinced the man he talked to was Epstein, but the woman he was with was his wife. The Cubs fan also insisted that the SUV the pair got back into clearly was being driven in the direction of Wrigley Field.
So, there you have it …
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel perfect in relief, Miller walks off for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Dahlstrand cruises again in Salem's win
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson tosses complete game shutout
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis homers in 10th inning to lead Drive
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas struggles with command, Barnes bounces back
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers