Hot Stove: Blue Jays decline option on Jon Rauch
|10.31.11 at 6:02 pm ET|
The Blue Jays announced that they will exercise their option on third baseman Edwin Encarncaion, but will decline to pick up reliever Jon Rauch‘s option making him a free agent, per MLB trade rumors.
The 32-year-old Rauch struggled in his one season in Toronto as he allowed 11 home runs in just 52 innings pitched. Rauch has a decent track record and is only one season removed from a 21-save season with the Twins in which he posted a 3.12 ERA in 59 appearances.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler