Hot Stove: Blue Jays decline option on Jon Rauch
|10.31.11 at 6:02 pm ET|
The Blue Jays announced that they will exercise their option on third baseman Edwin Encarncaion, but will decline to pick up reliever Jon Rauch‘s option making him a free agent, per MLB trade rumors.
The 32-year-old Rauch struggled in his one season in Toronto as he allowed 11 home runs in just 52 innings pitched. Rauch has a decent track record and is only one season removed from a 21-save season with the Twins in which he posted a 3.12 ERA in 59 appearances.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston