Hot Stove: Blue Jays decline option on Jon Rauch
|10.31.11 at 6:02 pm ET|
The Blue Jays announced that they will exercise their option on third baseman Edwin Encarncaion, but will decline to pick up reliever Jon Rauch‘s option making him a free agent, per MLB trade rumors.
The 32-year-old Rauch struggled in his one season in Toronto as he allowed 11 home runs in just 52 innings pitched. Rauch has a decent track record and is only one season removed from a 21-save season with the Twins in which he posted a 3.12 ERA in 59 appearances.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles