Hot Stove: Derek Lowe reportedly traded to Indians
|10.31.11 at 1:31 pm ET|
The report notes that the Braves will pay $10 million of Lowe’s $15 million salary for 2012, the last year of Lowe’s contract.
Lowe went 9-17 with a 5.05 ERA in 34 appearances this season. The former Red Sox reliever and starter is 166-146 with a 3.94 ERA in 15 major league seasons, which also includes stints with the Mariners and Dodgers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- Dubon taking journey from Honduras to the majors one stop at a time
- The Write-Up: Clay Buchholz
- Fort Report: Cuts, injuries and positional battles
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 1: Catchers
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system