Hot Stove: Derek Lowe reportedly traded to Indians
|10.31.11 at 1:31 pm ET|
Veteran right-handed pitcher Derek Lowe was traded Monday from the Braves to the Indians for lefty pitching prospect Chris Jones, according to a report from ESPN’s Buster Olney.
The report notes that the Braves will pay $10 million of Lowe’s $15 million salary for 2012, the last year of Lowe’s contract.
Lowe went 9-17 with a 5.05 ERA in 34 appearances this season. The former Red Sox reliever and starter is 166-146 with a 3.94 ERA in 15 major league seasons, which also includes stints with the Mariners and Dodgers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball
- Cup of Coffee: Acosta scores four in GCL Sox sweep
- Weekly Notes: Betts returns to Pawtucket, Owens wins ninth straight
- 2014 Draft recap: Sox sign 31 players, with impact potential at the top
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo, Johnson impress, Stankiewicz fans nine
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #61: Wild Turkeys, July 2, and the Draft
- Cup of Coffee: Owens stays strong; Ball delivers best yet
- Cup of Coffee: Steven Wright leads Pawtucket; Meyers powers Lowell