Hot Stove: Derek Lowe reportedly traded to Indians
|10.31.11 at 1:31 pm ET|
Veteran right-handed pitcher Derek Lowe was traded Monday from the Braves to the Indians for lefty pitching prospect Chris Jones, according to a report from ESPN’s Buster Olney.
The report notes that the Braves will pay $10 million of Lowe’s $15 million salary for 2012, the last year of Lowe’s contract.
Lowe went 9-17 with a 5.05 ERA in 34 appearances this season. The former Red Sox reliever and starter is 166-146 with a 3.94 ERA in 15 major league seasons, which also includes stints with the Mariners and Dodgers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Owens lifts Portland, Guzman's big day not enough for Greenville
- Justin Haley promoted to Portland; Jonathan Aro moved up to Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/21-27: Brian Johnson & Travis Shaw
- Cup of Coffee: Rain can't dampen Augliera, Swihart
- Weekly Notes: Trade deadline approaches
- Cup of Coffee: Light continues to shine, Portland mounts a comeback
- Red Sox acquire two pitching prospects in Peavy trade
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket pushes streak to 11 games
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson strikes out 12 in win, Betts leads PawSox in route
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens