A look at the Red Sox payroll for 2012
|12.05.11 at 8:34 am ET|
As mentioned in this column, the Red Sox may have only limited financial room to maneuver as they go about addressing their needs this offseason. While the team needs to identify two starters to round out the rotation and must decide what kind of additions to make to its bullpen (a matter that could become pressing if, for instance, Daniel Bard was to move to the rotation), the team is already starting to near the luxury tax threshold of $178 million for 2012.
Based on estimates involving players who are not yet under contract, here is a look at how the Red Sox payroll shapes up:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller