Hot Stove: Red Sox reportedly among nine teams to have called on Josh Willingham
|12.05.11 at 12:01 pm ET|
According to a Monday morning tweet from ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick, the Red Sox are one of nine teams to have contacted right-handed-hitting outfielder Josh Willingham. Crasnick also mentions the Twins, Indians and Reds among the group pursuing the 32-year-old free agent.
Willingham spent last season with the A’s, hitting .246 with a .332 on-base percentage and .477 slugging mark. He had 26 home runs and 98 RBIs.
Prior to that, he spent two seasons with the Nationals, after three full seasons with the Marlins. His career averages are .262./.361/.475.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Red Sox win GCL title, Castillo debuts
- ESPN Boston: Farm clubs faring well
- Cup of Coffee: Rusney Castillo debuts, PawSox clinch wild card
- Red Sox acquire infielders Jemile Weeks and Ivan De Jesus
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Light dominate, GCL takes game one
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson keeps rolling, GCL wins semifinal
- Cup of Coffee: Gonzalez leads combined no-hitter in DSL Playoff opener
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads Salem to doubleheader split
- Players of the Week, 8/18-24: Brian Johnson & Mike Miller
- Cup of Coffee: Speier helps GCL Sox clinch division title