Hot Stove: Red Sox reportedly among nine teams to have called on Josh Willingham
|12.05.11 at 12:01 pm ET|
According to a Monday morning tweet from ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick, the Red Sox are one of nine teams to have contacted right-handed-hitting outfielder Josh Willingham. Crasnick also mentions the Twins, Indians and Reds among the group pursuing the 32-year-old free agent.
Willingham spent last season with the A’s, hitting .246 with a .332 on-base percentage and .477 slugging mark. He had 26 home runs and 98 RBIs.
Prior to that, he spent two seasons with the Nationals, after three full seasons with the Marlins. His career averages are .262./.361/.475.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez gets into a groove, Basabe impresses
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Dayan Diaz and Edwin Escobar (UPDATED)
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Garin Cecchini and Yoan Aybar
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen