Report: C.J. Wilson signs with Angels
|12.08.11 at 11:07 am ET|
Joel Sherman of the New York Post reported Thursday that the Angels have completed a deal with free-agent pitcher C.J. Wilson.
Terms of the deal were not reported by Sherman. Wilson was considered by most to be the top starting pitcher on the market. The 31-year-old wasn’t a starting pitcher until the 2010 season, but has won 33 games over the last two seasons for the Rangers. His 2.94 ERA in 2011 was seventh in the American League.
The Angels reportedly also inked Albert Pujols to a 10-year deal worth between $250-$260 million on Thursday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Luis Alexander Basabe
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits in Portland's slugfest
- Cup of Coffee: Dalbec keeps hitting, Dubon, Atkins lead Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech dominates again, Dalbec blasts a pair