Report: C.J. Wilson signs with Angels
|12.08.11 at 11:07 am ET|
Joel Sherman of the New York Post reported Thursday that the Angels have completed a deal with free-agent pitcher C.J. Wilson.
Terms of the deal were not reported by Sherman. Wilson was considered by most to be the top starting pitcher on the market. The 31-year-old wasn’t a starting pitcher until the 2010 season, but has won 33 games over the last two seasons for the Rangers. His 2.94 ERA in 2011 was seventh in the American League.
The Angels reportedly also inked Albert Pujols to a 10-year deal worth between $250-$260 million on Thursday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando