Report: C.J. Wilson signs with Angels
|12.08.11 at 11:07 am ET|
Joel Sherman of the New York Post reported Thursday that the Angels have completed a deal with free-agent pitcher C.J. Wilson.
Terms of the deal were not reported by Sherman. Wilson was considered by most to be the top starting pitcher on the market. The 31-year-old wasn’t a starting pitcher until the 2010 season, but has won 33 games over the last two seasons for the Rangers. His 2.94 ERA in 2011 was seventh in the American League.
The Angels reportedly also inked Albert Pujols to a 10-year deal worth between $250-$260 million on Thursday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez tosses complete game, Kopech stymies Asheville
- Cup of Coffee: McCarthy pitches Portland past Thunder
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel perfect in relief, Miller walks off for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Dahlstrand cruises again in Salem's win
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson tosses complete game shutout
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis homers in 10th inning to lead Drive
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas struggles with command, Barnes bounces back
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester