Report: C.J. Wilson signs with Angels
|12.08.11 at 11:07 am ET|
Joel Sherman of the New York Post reported Thursday that the Angels have completed a deal with free-agent pitcher C.J. Wilson.
Terms of the deal were not reported by Sherman. Wilson was considered by most to be the top starting pitcher on the market. The 31-year-old wasn’t a starting pitcher until the 2010 season, but has won 33 games over the last two seasons for the Rangers. His 2.94 ERA in 2011 was seventh in the American League.
The Angels reportedly also inked Albert Pujols to a 10-year deal worth between $250-$260 million on Thursday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance