David Ortiz isn’t worried about snitching in the Red Sox clubhouse
|02.27.12 at 10:05 am ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — After an extensive interview with Dennis & Callahan Monday morning, David Ortiz stood in the Red Sox clubhouse and said he isn’t worried about a repeat of the snitching that Josh Beckett told Rob Bradford occurred last season.
“I’ve got no problem,” Ortiz said when asked about his comfort level with his current teammates. “I come here to play baseball. [Snitching] ain’t something I worry about.”
Ortiz also told reporters he’s confident that the front office has done what’s necessary to clean up the atmosphere in the clubhouse.
“Hopefully, as an organization they take care of business with that. If you do the right thing, you’re not going to be [a problem].”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles