David Ortiz isn’t worried about snitching in the Red Sox clubhouse
|02.27.12 at 10:05 am ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — After an extensive interview with Dennis & Callahan Monday morning, David Ortiz stood in the Red Sox clubhouse and said he isn’t worried about a repeat of the snitching that Josh Beckett told Rob Bradford occurred last season.
“I’ve got no problem,” Ortiz said when asked about his comfort level with his current teammates. “I come here to play baseball. [Snitching] ain’t something I worry about.”
Ortiz also told reporters he’s confident that the front office has done what’s necessary to clean up the atmosphere in the clubhouse.
“Hopefully, as an organization they take care of business with that. If you do the right thing, you’re not going to be [a problem].”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 2: Corner Infielders
- Scouting Scratch: Young Arms
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- Dubon taking journey from Honduras to the majors one stop at a time
- The Write-Up: Clay Buchholz
- Fort Report: Cuts, injuries and positional battles
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 1: Catchers
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released