Poll: What is your opinion of Josh Beckett’s priorities?
|02.27.12 at 12:22 pm ET|
Red Sox pitcher Josh Beckett revealed in an interview with WEEI.com’s Rob Bradford that he shifted his primary focus from the team to his family last season, as his wife gave birth to the couple’s first child only hours after the season-ending loss to the Orioles.
“If somebody reads this or somebody thinks I’m wrong, they can go [expletive] themselves,” he said of those who are critical of his decision. “That’s the truth. That’s what’s important to me. I’m not saying baseball is not important. I could differentiate on the day I was pitching. I went out there and I was still as competitive. I’m not saying my mind was only focused on just this pitch because I did have other things on my mind. Whether you want to understand that or not, I don’t care because I know who I am and what I’m trying to do.”
What is your opinion of Josh Beckett now?
- He can prioritize his family, but he should keep comments like these to himself. (35%, 150 Votes)
- He is right to prioritize family over team and everyone should respect that. (35%, 149 Votes)
- For what he gets paid, he should be more focused on his job. (24%, 103 Votes)
- He should be 100 percent focused on baseball from April to October. (7%, 29 Votes)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens