Poll: What is your opinion of Josh Beckett’s priorities?
|02.27.12 at 12:22 pm ET|
Red Sox pitcher Josh Beckett revealed in an interview with WEEI.com’s Rob Bradford that he shifted his primary focus from the team to his family last season, as his wife gave birth to the couple’s first child only hours after the season-ending loss to the Orioles.
“If somebody reads this or somebody thinks I’m wrong, they can go [expletive] themselves,” he said of those who are critical of his decision. “That’s the truth. That’s what’s important to me. I’m not saying baseball is not important. I could differentiate on the day I was pitching. I went out there and I was still as competitive. I’m not saying my mind was only focused on just this pitch because I did have other things on my mind. Whether you want to understand that or not, I don’t care because I know who I am and what I’m trying to do.”
What is your opinion of Josh Beckett now?
- He can prioritize his family, but he should keep comments like these to himself. (35%)
- He is right to prioritize family over team and everyone should respect that. (35%)
- For what he gets paid, he should be more focused on his job. (24%)
- He should be 100 percent focused on baseball from April to October. (6%)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Miller homer lifts Portland following Rodriguez gem
- Barnes continues resurgence behind explosive fastball, strong curve
- Cup of Coffee: Barnes impresses in shutout victory
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo shuts out Lehigh Valley
- Players of the Week, 8/11-17: Keith Couch & Keury De La Cruz
- Cup of Coffee: Top picks Chavis and Kopech key GCL Sox win
- Jackie Bradley, Jr. optioned to Pawtucket, Betts called up to Boston
- Weekly Notes: Margot's break out continues in Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Monge, Margot, and Mookie keep mashing
- Cup of Coffee: Couch dominates Richmond