Red Sox agree to deals with 16 players, including Mark Melancon, Felix Doubront and more
|03.09.12 at 1:46 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — The Red Sox announced that they have reached agreements on contracts for the 2012 season with all 16 of their players who are on the 40-man roster but not yet arbitration eligible. Notable players among the group include reliever Mark Melancon, who was acquired in a trade with the Astros in December, left-hander Felix Doubront (who is competing for a spot in the rotation) and outfielder Darnell McDonald.
The entire group of players who agreed to deals is:
RHP Michael Bowden ($484,000)
LHP Drake Britton ($480,000)
RHP Chris Carpenter ($482,000)
LHP Felix Doubront ($484,000)
RHP Mark Melancon ($521,000
RHP Clayton Mortensen ($486,500)
RHP Stolmy Pimentel ($480,000)
RHP Junichi Tazawa ($920,000)
Luis Exposito ($482,000)
Ryan Lavarnway ($482,000)
1B Lars Anderson ($482,000)
3B Will Middlebrooks ($480,000)
2B Oscar Tejeda ($480,000)
Ryan Kalish ($483,000)
Che-Hsuan Lin ($480,000)
Darnell McDonald ($506,500)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?