Red Sox injury updates: Jose Igelsias is back, Ryan Sweeney close
|03.19.12 at 11:17 am ET|
- Jose Iglesias (groin) is back in the lineup, hitting ninth. The rest of the Red Sox’ batting order is as follows: Jacoby Ellsbury CF, Dustin Pedroia 2B, Adrian Gonzalez 1B, Kevin Youkilis 3B, David Ortiz DH, Jarrod Saltalamacchia C, Jason Repko RF, Darnell McDonald LF, Iglesias SS.
- Ryan Sweeney (quad) will test his legs by executing some baserunning drills Monday, eyeing a return to the lineup in the coming days.
- Ryan Kalish (shoulder) will take swings off a tee Monday.
- Carl Crawford (wrist) took 20 swings off a tee Monday, while continuing his throwing program.
- Daisuke Matsuzaka (elbow) was slated to throw live batting practice Monday.
- Franklin Morales should be able to appear in a game soon. Valentine proclaimed the reliever “very healthy, and really ready to go.”
Which leads us to our dose of the Zen of Bobby V for the day. When asked if it was hard to imagine Morales being ready for Opening Day, Valentine responded: “Hard to imagine? [Albert] Einstein said it’s better to have imagination than knowledge, so I can’t give you an answer built on knowledge, but I can imagine him having [a chance]. … It’s not a knowledgable statement.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Matt Huegel
- Sox have seventh pick in draft
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Chris Hatfield
- SoxProspects.com 2014 season-end award winners
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #64: Playing Out the Stretch
- Weekly Notes: Prospects flock to Boston
- 2014 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo