Red Sox injury updates: Jose Igelsias is back, Ryan Sweeney close
|03.19.12 at 11:17 am ET|
– Jose Iglesias (groin) is back in the lineup, hitting ninth. The rest of the Red Sox’ batting order is as follows: Jacoby Ellsbury CF, Dustin Pedroia 2B, Adrian Gonzalez 1B, Kevin Youkilis 3B, David Ortiz DH, Jarrod Saltalamacchia C, Jason Repko RF, Darnell McDonald LF, Iglesias SS.
– Ryan Sweeney (quad) will test his legs by executing some baserunning drills Monday, eyeing a return to the lineup in the coming days.
– Ryan Kalish (shoulder) will take swings off a tee Monday.
– Carl Crawford (wrist) took 20 swings off a tee Monday, while continuing his throwing program.
– Daisuke Matsuzaka (elbow) was slated to throw live batting practice Monday.
– Franklin Morales should be able to appear in a game soon. Valentine proclaimed the reliever “very healthy, and really ready to go.”
Which leads us to our dose of the Zen of Bobby V for the day. When asked if it was hard to imagine Morales being ready for Opening Day, Valentine responded: “Hard to imagine? [Albert] Einstein said it’s better to have imagination than knowledge, so I can’t give you an answer built on knowledge, but I can imagine him having [a chance]. … It’s not a knowledgable statement.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Return to past hitting mechanics fueling Bobby Dalbec's success
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and LaMarre lead the way for PawSox
- Weekly Notes: Moncada, Devers, Tavarez nab postseason awards
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Downs homers
- Cup of Coffee: Groome impresses while Johnson falters
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects five hits, Chatham belts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell