Red Sox injury updates: Jose Igelsias is back, Ryan Sweeney close
|03.19.12 at 11:17 am ET|
– Jose Iglesias (groin) is back in the lineup, hitting ninth. The rest of the Red Sox’ batting order is as follows: Jacoby Ellsbury CF, Dustin Pedroia 2B, Adrian Gonzalez 1B, Kevin Youkilis 3B, David Ortiz DH, Jarrod Saltalamacchia C, Jason Repko RF, Darnell McDonald LF, Iglesias SS.
– Ryan Sweeney (quad) will test his legs by executing some baserunning drills Monday, eyeing a return to the lineup in the coming days.
– Ryan Kalish (shoulder) will take swings off a tee Monday.
– Carl Crawford (wrist) took 20 swings off a tee Monday, while continuing his throwing program.
– Daisuke Matsuzaka (elbow) was slated to throw live batting practice Monday.
– Franklin Morales should be able to appear in a game soon. Valentine proclaimed the reliever “very healthy, and really ready to go.”
Which leads us to our dose of the Zen of Bobby V for the day. When asked if it was hard to imagine Morales being ready for Opening Day, Valentine responded: “Hard to imagine? [Albert] Einstein said it’s better to have imagination than knowledge, so I can’t give you an answer built on knowledge, but I can imagine him having [a chance]. … It’s not a knowledgable statement.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi
- 2015 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free! (close to goal)
- Cup of Coffee: Margot helps Portland earn split as part of crazy Monday schedule
- Weekly Notes: Top prospects on the move
- Cup of Coffee: Salem, Greenville bullpens fall apart, Pawtucket wins in extras