Bobby Valentine joins The Big Show Wednesday afternoon
|04.04.12 at 10:47 am ET|
With closer Andrew Bailey set to undergo surgery on his injured thumb and miss the first 3-4 months of the season, Valentine has to do some juggling as the Sox prepare to open the season Thursday against the Tigers in Detroit.
Valentine has come under fire from ESPN analyst Curt Schilling in the past week, with Schilling saying that some players have already grown tired of Valentine frequently speaking his mind to the media.
The new Sox manager apparently wasn’t affected by the criticism of his constant media presence, as it was revealed Wednesday that he has signed with ESPN Radio in New York to do a weekly segment with Yankees television voice Michael Kay. That’s also scheduled to start Wednesday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects five hits, Chatham belts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell