There is a new closing song for the Red Sox closer
|04.14.12 at 8:33 pm ET|
The days of “Shipping Up To Boston” are officially done.
In his first ninth inning appearance this season at Fenway Park as the Red Sox closer, Alfredo Aceves broke out his introduction song. It is fair to say that the selection won’t be confused with diddy by the Dropkick Murphy used by Jonathan Papelbon.
And the winner is …
“Iberia Sumergida” by HÃ©roes del Silencio.
Aceves explained after the game he picked the song due to his fondness for the artists who sing it. The pitcher also explained that while he went through about 10 songs last year, he plans on sticking with this one.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Ysla, Victor Diaz and Gerson Bautista
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced