There is a new closing song for the Red Sox closer
|04.14.12 at 8:33 pm ET|
The days of ”Shipping Up To Boston” are officially done.
In his first ninth inning appearance this season at Fenway Park as the Red Sox closer, Alfredo Aceves broke out his introduction song. It is fair to say that the selection won’t be confused with diddy by the Dropkick Murphy used by Jonathan Papelbon.
And the winner is …
“Iberia Sumergida” by Héroes del Silencio.
Aceves explained after the game he picked the song due to his fondness for the artists who sing it. The pitcher also explained that while he went through about 10 songs last year, he plans on sticking with this one.
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox 40-man roster additions expected