There is a new closing song for the Red Sox closer
|04.14.12 at 8:33 pm ET|
The days of “Shipping Up To Boston” are officially done.
In his first ninth inning appearance this season at Fenway Park as the Red Sox closer, Alfredo Aceves broke out his introduction song. It is fair to say that the selection won’t be confused with diddy by the Dropkick Murphy used by Jonathan Papelbon.
And the winner is …
“Iberia Sumergida” by HÃ©roes del Silencio.
Aceves explained after the game he picked the song due to his fondness for the artists who sing it. The pitcher also explained that while he went through about 10 songs last year, he plans on sticking with this one.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Travis, Owens continue hot stretches
- Cup of Coffee: Brian Johnson leads PawSox to shutout victory
- After slow start, Cecchini heating up at the plate, settling into left field
- Cup of Coffee: Watkins earns save after catching 14 innings
- Weekly Notes: Johnson makes Major League debut
- Cup of Coffee: Big offensive performances from Pawtucket, Greenville and Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Travis highlight tight Portland victory
- Cup of Coffee: Tejeda's big night pushes Portland past Fisher Cats
- 2015 Draft Recap: Benintendi a best-case scenario
- Podcast Ep. 81: Dropping in on the Drive, Darren Fenster interview