|There is a new closing song for the Red Sox closer||04.14.12 at 8:33 pm ET|
The days of ”Shipping Up To Boston” are officially done.
In his first ninth inning appearance this season at Fenway Park as the Red Sox closer, Alfredo Aceves broke out his introduction song. It is fair to say that the selection won’t be confused with diddy by the Dropkick Murphy used by Jonathan Papelbon.
And the winner is …
“Iberia Sumergida” by Héroes del Silencio.
Aceves explained after the game he picked the song due to his fondness for the artists who sing it. The pitcher also explained that while he went through about 10 songs last year, he plans on sticking with this one.
- Cup of Coffee: Henry, Diaz propel Pawtucket to blowout victory
- Cup of Coffee: Spring's walk-off grand slam lifts Portland
- Bradley: "Everything's back to normal"
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox, Drive produce walk-off wins
- PawSox activate Jackie Bradley, Jr. from disabled list
- Weekly Notes: De La Rosa, Betts take center stage
- Cup of Coffee: Shaw leads 18-hit attack in Sea Dogs rout
- Cup of Coffee: Gedman, big Salem seventh key system’s only win
- Christian Vazquez’s new focus at the plate starting to pay off
- Cup of Coffee: Augliera dominant in Salem victory