There is a new closing song for the Red Sox closer
|04.14.12 at 8:33 pm ET|
The days of “Shipping Up To Boston” are officially done.
In his first ninth inning appearance this season at Fenway Park as the Red Sox closer, Alfredo Aceves broke out his introduction song. It is fair to say that the selection won’t be confused with diddy by the Dropkick Murphy used by Jonathan Papelbon.
And the winner is …
“Iberia Sumergida” by HÃ©roes del Silencio.
Aceves explained after the game he picked the song due to his fondness for the artists who sing it. The pitcher also explained that while he went through about 10 songs last year, he plans on sticking with this one.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #63: Just Sayin' Hi
- Cup of Coffee: Portland falls, forces Game Five
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox advance to International League finals
- Cup of Coffee: Cecchini and Barnes lead PawSox to 2-0 series edge
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes
- Edwin Escobar impresses with dazzling playoff performance
- Cup of Coffee: Extra inning victories kick off playoff action
- The Write-Up: Brandon Workman
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop two in Championship Series
- August Players of the Month: Manuel Margot and Brian Johnson