Nuggetpalooza: Stats nuggets from Tuesday’s Red Sox and MLB games
|04.25.12 at 9:59 am ET|
Observations from Tuesday’s win in Minny:
* – Since the start of the 2010 season, the Twins have drawn six bases loaded walks in the first inning of home games. No other team has drawn more than three such walks in that span.
* – Josh Beckett has walked in a run in every season since 2006, except for 2011. In his career, he has issued 11 bases loaded walks. Of those 11, four have come in the first inning.
* – The Red Sox jumped on the Twins by rapping out five hits in the first inning. It was the first time this season that they’ve collected five or more hits in an opening frame. They had five such games over the 486-game span from 2008-2010, then did it SIX times last season alone.
* – In recent years the Yankees have shown no problems bouncing back after being shut out, as they’ve won 12 of their last 15 road games immediately following the whitewash.
* – Mike Aviles had two doubles, a single, and a home run last night, giving him nine total bases. He became just the sixth Red Sox shortstop to collect 9+ total bases in a road game:
6 – Nomar Garciaparra
3 – Vern Stephens
3 – Joe Cronin
1 – John Valentin
1 – Dave Stapleton
1 – Mike Aviles
The last time: Garciaparra had a double, triple, and home run at Baltimore on April 6, 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings