Nuggetpalooza: Stats nuggets from Tuesday’s Red Sox and MLB games
|04.25.12 at 9:59 am ET|
Observations from Tuesday’s win in Minny:
* – Since the start of the 2010 season, the Twins have drawn six bases loaded walks in the first inning of home games. No other team has drawn more than three such walks in that span.
* – Josh Beckett has walked in a run in every season since 2006, except for 2011. In his career, he has issued 11 bases loaded walks. Of those 11, four have come in the first inning.
* – The Red Sox jumped on the Twins by rapping out five hits in the first inning. It was the first time this season that they’ve collected five or more hits in an opening frame. They had five such games over the 486-game span from 2008-2010, then did it SIX times last season alone.
* – In recent years the Yankees have shown no problems bouncing back after being shut out, as they’ve won 12 of their last 15 road games immediately following the whitewash.
* – Mike Aviles had two doubles, a single, and a home run last night, giving him nine total bases. He became just the sixth Red Sox shortstop to collect 9+ total bases in a road game:
6 – Nomar Garciaparra
3 – Vern Stephens
3 – Joe Cronin
1 – John Valentin
1 – Dave Stapleton
1 – Mike Aviles
The last time: Garciaparra had a double, triple, and home run at Baltimore on April 6, 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis blasts walk-off home run
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Chandler Shepherd and Kyle Martin
- Podcast Ep. 88: Breaking down the Kimbrel trade
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Kimbrel