Nuggetpalooza: Stats nuggets from Tuesday’s Red Sox and MLB games
|04.25.12 at 9:59 am ET|
Observations from Tuesday’s win in Minny:
* – Since the start of the 2010 season, the Twins have drawn six bases loaded walks in the first inning of home games. No other team has drawn more than three such walks in that span.
* – Josh Beckett has walked in a run in every season since 2006, except for 2011. In his career, he has issued 11 bases loaded walks. Of those 11, four have come in the first inning.
* – The Red Sox jumped on the Twins by rapping out five hits in the first inning. It was the first time this season that they’ve collected five or more hits in an opening frame. They had five such games over the 486-game span from 2008-2010, then did it SIX times last season alone.
* – In recent years the Yankees have shown no problems bouncing back after being shut out, as they’ve won 12 of their last 15 road games immediately following the whitewash.
* – Mike Aviles had two doubles, a single, and a home run last night, giving him nine total bases. He became just the sixth Red Sox shortstop to collect 9+ total bases in a road game:
6 – Nomar Garciaparra
3 – Vern Stephens
3 – Joe Cronin
1 – John Valentin
1 – Dave Stapleton
1 – Mike Aviles
The last time: Garciaparra had a double, triple, and home run at Baltimore on April 6, 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz homers in both ends of doubleheader
- Minor Notes: Steen in critical condition after early morning car crash
- Scouting Scratch: Rafael Devers
- System Restart '17: Low-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Sexton allows one hit over six innings for Greenville
- System Restart '17: Mid-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd, Rei highlight quiet night in system
- System Restart '17: Upper-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Shawaryn strikes out nine as Drive cruise
- Minor Notes: Workman dominant in PawSox bullpen