Nuggetpalooza: Nuggets from the Red Sox’ 1-0 win
|04.29.12 at 9:42 am ET|
Here are a few items that I noticed following Jon Lester’s gem last night:
* – Boston managed only four hits on Saturday, snapping their seven game streak getting 10 or more hits and their nine game streak with a home run.
Note this: The seven game streak with 10+ hits was the longest in the majors so far this season. The last time the Red Sox had a longer such streak was 2008 (11).
Note this too: Nine games with a home run tied the longest streak in the majors this season. The Rangers and Indians also had nine game streaks.
* – The Red Sox have won their last three road games that were decided by one run (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday). It’s the first time they’ve won three one-run road games within a week of each other without a loss since 2006, when they won at Baltimore by identical 6-5 scores on September 12 and 14, then downed the Yankees, 5-4, on the 17th.
Note this: Do you remember when the Red Sox lost 16 straight road games that were decided by one run in 2008? That streak spanned from April 25 through August 10.
* – The White Sox have lost six of their last seven home games immediately following being shut out.
* – The Red Sox, however, are 22-7 following their last 29 pitching shut outs. 14 of those 29 came on the road and Boston went 10-4 in those games.
* – Opponents have just two stolen bases against Lester in his last 18 road starts (since last May 10). In his 10 road starts prior to this stretch (8/14/10 through 4/28/11), he allowed 10 stolen bases.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- Updates on Red Sox Star Pablo Sandoval's Injury
- Ortiz Looks Determined to Go out with a Bang
- Cup of Coffee: Rijo breaks out, rain washes Salem and Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Lakins continue strong starts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi continues surge, Smith rehabs
- Cup of Coffee: E-Rod rehabs, Ball debuts, Benintendi big again
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Salem past Frederick
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Kyri Washington rips pair of doubles in Greenville loss
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Swihart lead Pawtucket on a light night
- Michael Chavis placed on disabled list with torn thumb ligament (UPDATE: report rescinded)
- Weekly Notes: Light, Cuevas get first-time call-up