Nuggetpalooza: Nuggets from the Red Sox’ 1-0 win
|04.29.12 at 9:42 am ET|
Here are a few items that I noticed following Jon Lester’s gem last night:
* – Boston managed only four hits on Saturday, snapping their seven game streak getting 10 or more hits and their nine game streak with a home run.
Note this: The seven game streak with 10+ hits was the longest in the majors so far this season. The last time the Red Sox had a longer such streak was 2008 (11).
Note this too: Nine games with a home run tied the longest streak in the majors this season. The Rangers and Indians also had nine game streaks.
* – The Red Sox have won their last three road games that were decided by one run (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday). It’s the first time they’ve won three one-run road games within a week of each other without a loss since 2006, when they won at Baltimore by identical 6-5 scores on September 12 and 14, then downed the Yankees, 5-4, on the 17th.
Note this: Do you remember when the Red Sox lost 16 straight road games that were decided by one run in 2008? That streak spanned from April 25 through August 10.
* – The White Sox have lost six of their last seven home games immediately following being shut out.
* – The Red Sox, however, are 22-7 following their last 29 pitching shut outs. 14 of those 29 came on the road and Boston went 10-4 in those games.
* – Opponents have just two stolen bases against Lester in his last 18 road starts (since last May 10). In his 10 road starts prior to this stretch (8/14/10 through 4/28/11), he allowed 10 stolen bases.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings