Nuggetpalooza: Nuggets from the Red Sox’ 1-0 win
|04.29.12 at 9:42 am ET|
Here are a few items that I noticed following Jon Lester’s gem last night:
* – Boston managed only four hits on Saturday, snapping their seven game streak getting 10 or more hits and their nine game streak with a home run.
Note this: The seven game streak with 10+ hits was the longest in the majors so far this season. The last time the Red Sox had a longer such streak was 2008 (11).
Note this too: Nine games with a home run tied the longest streak in the majors this season. The Rangers and Indians also had nine game streaks.
* – The Red Sox have won their last three road games that were decided by one run (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday). It’s the first time they’ve won three one-run road games within a week of each other without a loss since 2006, when they won at Baltimore by identical 6-5 scores on September 12 and 14, then downed the Yankees, 5-4, on the 17th.
Note this: Do you remember when the Red Sox lost 16 straight road games that were decided by one run in 2008? That streak spanned from April 25 through August 10.
* – The White Sox have lost six of their last seven home games immediately following being shut out.
* – The Red Sox, however, are 22-7 following their last 29 pitching shut outs. 14 of those 29 came on the road and Boston went 10-4 in those games.
* – Opponents have just two stolen bases against Lester in his last 18 road starts (since last May 10). In his 10 road starts prior to this stretch (8/14/10 through 4/28/11), he allowed 10 stolen bases.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads
- Cup of Coffee: McGrath lights-out, Sea Dogs' bats back Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Perez helps GCL Red Sox clinch division
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi remains hot, Hernandez impressive for DSL Sox
- Podcast Ep. 83: Interview Special with Michael Chavis and Nick Longhi
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada steals 40th, GCL Sox on brink of division