Saturday’s Red Sox-Blue Jays Matchups: Felix Doubront vs. Kyle Drabek
|06.01.12 at 10:18 pm ET|
Pitcher Felix Doubront leads the Red Sox starting pitching staff with a 3.86 ERA, five wins and 59 strikeouts and is coming off a 7-4 win over Detroit on May 28. Doubront (5-2) lasted six innings and gave up two earned runs against the Tigers.
Doubront will try to mount his second winning streak of the season when the takes the mound against the Blue Jays on Saturday afternoon.
The Venezuelan last faced the Blue Jays on April 9, when he pitched five innings of two-run baseball to earn a no-decision. The Red Sox went on to win the game 4-2.
Overall Doubront holds a 3.48 ERA against Toronto. Jose Bautista is the Blue Jay who has faced Doubront the most, appearing against the lefty six times and recording a .167 batting average and one RBI.
Toronto will counter with Kyle Drabek, who has a 4.55 ERA, one of the highest on Toronto’s starting pitching staff. Drabek (4-5) is entering Saturday’s game having lost his last start against the Rangers. He gave up nine earned runs and two home runs through three innings against Texas.
The Texas native last won on May 21 when he pitched six innings of two-run baseball to help the Blue Jays defeat the Rays 6-2. He also won the last time he faced Boston on April 10. He threw 5 1/3 innings of one-run baseball to give the Blue Jays the 7-3 win and his first win of the season.
Against the Red Sox, Drabek is 1-1 all-time with an 8.16 ERA. Adrian Gonzalez and David Ortiz have faced Drabek nine times, with Ortiz recording a .500 batting average. Gonzalez has five RBIs against Drabek.
Red Sox vs. Drabek
Adrian Gonzalez (9 plate appearances): .375 BA/.333 OBP/1.250 SLG, 1 double, 2 home runs, 5 RBIs, 2 strikeouts
David Ortiz (9): .500/.556/.1.375, 1 double, 2 HRs, 4 RBIs, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts
Dustin Pedroia (9): .286/.444/.857, 1 double, 1 HR, 2 RBIs, 2 walks, 2 stikeouts
Kevin Youkilis (8): .333/.500/1.000, 1 double, 1 RBI, 2 walks, 1 strikeout
Jarrod Saltalamacchia (6): .200/.333/.200, 1 walk, 3 strikeouts
Mike Aviles (3): .000/.000/.000
Nick Punto (2) .000/.000/.000
Ryan Sweeney .000/.500/.000, 1 walk
Blue Jays vs. Doubront
Jose Bautista (6 plate appearances): .167 BA/.167 OBP/.667 SLG, 1 home run, 1 RBI
Edwin Encarnacion (4): .250/.250/.250 1 RBI, 2 strikeouts
Kelly Johnson (4): .333/.500/.333, 1 RBI, 1 walk
J.P. Arencibia (3): .000/.333/.000, 1 walk, 1 strikeout
Yunel Escobar (3): .000/.333/.000, 1 walk, 1 strikeout
Brett Lawrie (3), .667/.667/1.000, 1 double, 1 strikeout
Rajai Davis (2): .000/.000/.000, 1 strikeout
Colby Rasmus (2): .500/.500/1.500, 1 triple,
David Cooper (1): 1.000/1.000/2.000, 1 double, 1 RBI
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Chris Sale Says Cutting White Sox Jerseys with Knife Was Mistake
- Boston Red Sox: Non-Roster Invitees with Best Shot to Make 25-Man Roster
- Red Sox Broadcaster Jerry Remy Diagnosed with Lung Cancer Relapse
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Fort Report: Rankings, returns, & reporting to camp
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven