Saturday’s Red Sox-Blue Jays Matchups: Felix Doubront vs. Kyle Drabek
|06.01.12 at 10:18 pm ET|
Pitcher Felix Doubront leads the Red Sox starting pitching staff with a 3.86 ERA, five wins and 59 strikeouts and is coming off a 7-4 win over Detroit on May 28. Doubront (5-2) lasted six innings and gave up two earned runs against the Tigers.
Doubront will try to mount his second winning streak of the season when the takes the mound against the Blue Jays on Saturday afternoon.
The Venezuelan last faced the Blue Jays on April 9, when he pitched five innings of two-run baseball to earn a no-decision. The Red Sox went on to win the game 4-2.
Overall Doubront holds a 3.48 ERA against Toronto. Jose Bautista is the Blue Jay who has faced Doubront the most, appearing against the lefty six times and recording a .167 batting average and one RBI.
Toronto will counter with Kyle Drabek, who has a 4.55 ERA, one of the highest on Toronto’s starting pitching staff. Drabek (4-5) is entering Saturday’s game having lost his last start against the Rangers. He gave up nine earned runs and two home runs through three innings against Texas.
The Texas native last won on May 21 when he pitched six innings of two-run baseball to help the Blue Jays defeat the Rays 6-2. He also won the last time he faced Boston on April 10. He threw 5 1/3 innings of one-run baseball to give the Blue Jays the 7-3 win and his first win of the season.
Against the Red Sox, Drabek is 1-1 all-time with an 8.16 ERA. Adrian Gonzalez and David Ortiz have faced Drabek nine times, with Ortiz recording a .500 batting average. Gonzalez has five RBIs against Drabek.
Red Sox vs. Drabek
Adrian Gonzalez (9 plate appearances): .375 BA/.333 OBP/1.250 SLG, 1 double, 2 home runs, 5 RBIs, 2 strikeouts
David Ortiz (9): .500/.556/.1.375, 1 double, 2 HRs, 4 RBIs, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts
Dustin Pedroia (9): .286/.444/.857, 1 double, 1 HR, 2 RBIs, 2 walks, 2 stikeouts
Kevin Youkilis (8): .333/.500/1.000, 1 double, 1 RBI, 2 walks, 1 strikeout
Jarrod Saltalamacchia (6): .200/.333/.200, 1 walk, 3 strikeouts
Mike Aviles (3): .000/.000/.000
Nick Punto (2) .000/.000/.000
Ryan Sweeney .000/.500/.000, 1 walk
Blue Jays vs. Doubront
Jose Bautista (6 plate appearances): .167 BA/.167 OBP/.667 SLG, 1 home run, 1 RBI
Edwin Encarnacion (4): .250/.250/.250 1 RBI, 2 strikeouts
Kelly Johnson (4): .333/.500/.333, 1 RBI, 1 walk
J.P. Arencibia (3): .000/.333/.000, 1 walk, 1 strikeout
Yunel Escobar (3): .000/.333/.000, 1 walk, 1 strikeout
Brett Lawrie (3), .667/.667/1.000, 1 double, 1 strikeout
Rajai Davis (2): .000/.000/.000, 1 strikeout
Colby Rasmus (2): .500/.500/1.500, 1 triple,
David Cooper (1): 1.000/1.000/2.000, 1 double, 1 RBI
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins