Wednesday’s Red Sox-Marlins matchups: Felix Doubront vs. Ricky Nolasco
|06.13.12 at 9:46 am ET|
Doubront (6-3) only lasted four innings in his last appearance against the Nationals, allowing six runs on eight hits and two walks in the loss. The outing was his shortest of the season with only 82 pitches, and it raised his ERA from 3.75 to 4.34.
Despite only being in his first season in the starting rotation, the Venezuelan has been one of the most consistent starters for the Red Sox this season. He leads the team with 72 strikeouts and is tied for the most wins on the team with Clay Buchholz.
The 24-year-old will be making his interleague debut on Wednesday, and he has not faced any hitters on Miami’s roster.
Doubront will be facing off against Ricky Nolasco, who has had mixed results since starting the season 4-0 through his first six starts.
Nolasco (6-4) has a 4.36 ERA and 45 strikeouts with a decision in each of his last eight starts, going 4-4 in that time. Since May 12, though, Nolasco has struggled, going 2-4 with a 6.23 ERA and five home runs against.
Nolasco has only faced the Red Sox once in his career, earning the win in Boston in a game that was cut short by rain on June 18, 2009. Nolasco had only allowed one run on one hit through five innings before the game was called, giving the Marlins the 2-1 win at Fenway.
Red Sox vs. Nolasco (RHP)
Adrian Gonzalez (17 plate appearances): .267 BA/.353 OBP/.333 SLG, 1 double, 3 RBIs, 1 strikeout
Ryan Sweeney (7): .429/.429/.429, 1 strikeout
David Ortiz (2): .000/.000/.000
Dustin Pedroia (2): .000/.000/.000
Kevin Youkilis (2): .500/.500/2.000, 1 home run, 1 RBI, 1 strikeout
Marlins vs. Doubront (LHP)
No Marlins batters have faced Doubront.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Greenville makes playoff push, GCL Sox reach finals
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, De Jesus pitch Sox into GCL finals
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads