Wednesday’s Red Sox-Marlins matchups: Felix Doubront vs. Ricky Nolasco
|06.13.12 at 9:46 am ET|
Doubront (6-3) only lasted four innings in his last appearance against the Nationals, allowing six runs on eight hits and two walks in the loss. The outing was his shortest of the season with only 82 pitches, and it raised his ERA from 3.75 to 4.34.
Despite only being in his first season in the starting rotation, the Venezuelan has been one of the most consistent starters for the Red Sox this season. He leads the team with 72 strikeouts and is tied for the most wins on the team with Clay Buchholz.
The 24-year-old will be making his interleague debut on Wednesday, and he has not faced any hitters on Miami’s roster.
Doubront will be facing off against Ricky Nolasco, who has had mixed results since starting the season 4-0 through his first six starts.
Nolasco (6-4) has a 4.36 ERA and 45 strikeouts with a decision in each of his last eight starts, going 4-4 in that time. Since May 12, though, Nolasco has struggled, going 2-4 with a 6.23 ERA and five home runs against.
Nolasco has only faced the Red Sox once in his career, earning the win in Boston in a game that was cut short by rain on June 18, 2009. Nolasco had only allowed one run on one hit through five innings before the game was called, giving the Marlins the 2-1 win at Fenway.
Red Sox vs. Nolasco (RHP)
Adrian Gonzalez (17 plate appearances): .267 BA/.353 OBP/.333 SLG, 1 double, 3 RBIs, 1 strikeout
Ryan Sweeney (7): .429/.429/.429, 1 strikeout
David Ortiz (2): .000/.000/.000
Dustin Pedroia (2): .000/.000/.000
Kevin Youkilis (2): .500/.500/2.000, 1 home run, 1 RBI, 1 strikeout
Marlins vs. Doubront (LHP)
No Marlins batters have faced Doubront.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Groome impresses in spring start
- Notes from the Field: Jason Groome debuts on Day Four
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp