Wednesday’s Red Sox-Marlins matchups: Felix Doubront vs. Ricky Nolasco
|06.13.12 at 9:46 am ET|
Doubront (6-3) only lasted four innings in his last appearance against the Nationals, allowing six runs on eight hits and two walks in the loss. The outing was his shortest of the season with only 82 pitches, and it raised his ERA from 3.75 to 4.34.
Despite only being in his first season in the starting rotation, the Venezuelan has been one of the most consistent starters for the Red Sox this season. He leads the team with 72 strikeouts and is tied for the most wins on the team with Clay Buchholz.
The 24-year-old will be making his interleague debut on Wednesday, and he has not faced any hitters on Miami’s roster.
Doubront will be facing off against Ricky Nolasco, who has had mixed results since starting the season 4-0 through his first six starts.
Nolasco (6-4) has a 4.36 ERA and 45 strikeouts with a decision in each of his last eight starts, going 4-4 in that time. Since May 12, though, Nolasco has struggled, going 2-4 with a 6.23 ERA and five home runs against.
Nolasco has only faced the Red Sox once in his career, earning the win in Boston in a game that was cut short by rain on June 18, 2009. Nolasco had only allowed one run on one hit through five innings before the game was called, giving the Marlins the 2-1 win at Fenway.
Red Sox vs. Nolasco (RHP)
Adrian Gonzalez (17 plate appearances): .267 BA/.353 OBP/.333 SLG, 1 double, 3 RBIs, 1 strikeout
Ryan Sweeney (7): .429/.429/.429, 1 strikeout
David Ortiz (2): .000/.000/.000
Dustin Pedroia (2): .000/.000/.000
Kevin Youkilis (2): .500/.500/2.000, 1 home run, 1 RBI, 1 strikeout
Marlins vs. Doubront (LHP)
No Marlins batters have faced Doubront.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered