Saturday’s Red Sox-Braves matchups: Franklin Morales vs. Randall Delgado
|06.23.12 at 9:54 am ET|
Morales (0-1, 3.14) pitched his first game as a Red Sox starter on June 17 against the Cubs in place of injured Josh Beckett. Morales threw five innings of two-run baseball in the 7-4 Boston victory but did not factor in the decision.
The 26-year-old has appeared in 23 games this season, 22 as a reliever. He recorded a loss on May 4 when he pitched two-thirds of an inning and gave up two earned runs en route to a 6-4 loss to the Orioles.
He last faced the Braves on April 18, 2010, as a reliever. He appeared in the game for two-thirds of an inning and allowed two runs in a 4-3 loss. While Morales has pitched against seven current Braves, he has not faced any one batter more than three times.
Unlike Morales, Delgado (4-7, 4.12) has started 13 games games this season. He’s on a two-game losing streak, having dropped his last two starts to the Orioles and the Yankees.
He threw eight innings and gave up two runs against the Orioles en route to a 2-0 loss in his last start. On June 11, Delgado gave up three runs in five innings when the Braves lost 3-0 to the Yankees. The 22-year-old last won on June 6, throwing 6 1/3 innings of one-run baseball as the Braves defeated the Marlins, 2-1.
Delgado has never played against the Red Sox and has only faced one player on the current roster, Cody Ross. Ross took the plate three times against Delgado.
Braves vs. Morales (RHP)
Michael Bourn (3 plate appearances): .333 BA/.333 OBP/.333 SLG
Martin Prado (3): .500/.667/.500, 1 walk
Dan Uggla (3): .000/.000/.000, 1 strikeout
Jack Wilson (3): .667/.667/1.000, 1 double
Chipper Jones (2): .000/.000/.000
Brian McCann (2): .000/.500/.000, 1 walk
Jason Heyward (1): 1.000/1.000/1.000, 2 RBIs
Red Sox vs. Delgado (RHP)
Cody Ross (3 plate appearances): .333 BA/.333 OBP/1.333 SLG, 1 HR, 1 RBI
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler