|Report: Red Sox interested in Stephen Drew||07.19.12 at 3:09 pm ET|
According to a report from FOX Sports, the Red Sox are among the teams interested in Diamondbacks shortstop Stephen Drew. The report names the Pirates and Tigers as other teams interested.
The former 15th overall pick, who is the brother of former major leaguers J.D. and Tim Drew, has played in 15 games this season after dealing with an ankle injury. Drew is hitting .192/.246/.250 this season with three runs batted in. His deal calls for $7.775 million this year with a $10 million mutual option for next season.
- Cup of Coffee: Vazquez nearly hits for cycle in Portland’s walk-off win
- Players of the Week, May 13-19: Mookie Betts and Matt Price
- Cup of Coffee: Montas strikes out eight in Greenville loss
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #34
- ESPNBoston: De La Rosa finding his way in Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Bradley, Holt shine in PawSox loss
- Xander Bogaerts, Portland to headline Futures at Fenway
- SoxProspects Video of the Week: Matt Barnes
- Cup of Coffee: Henry, Diaz propel Pawtucket to blowout victory
- Cup of Coffee: Spring's walk-off grand slam lifts Portland