Trade Deadline: Astros ship closer Brett Myers to White Sox
|07.22.12 at 8:02 am ET|
Houston, MLB’s worst team, has continued its selling process by trading closer Brett Myers to the White Sox for a slew of minor leaguers.
Myers heads to Chicago in exchange for righty Matt Heidenreich, lefty Blair Walters and a player to be named later. Heidenreich will report to Double-A Corpus Christi and Walters will go to High-A Lancaster. Both are starters.
The 31-year-old Myers has a 3.52 ERA with 19 saves. He was a starter for two seasons with the Astros before taking over as closer this season.
The Astros already have traded Carlos Lee, Brandon Lyon and J.A. Happ this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates