Trade Deadline: Astros ship closer Brett Myers to White Sox
|07.22.12 at 8:02 am ET|
Houston, MLB’s worst team, has continued its selling process by trading closer Brett Myers to the White Sox for a slew of minor leaguers.
Myers heads to Chicago in exchange for righty Matt Heidenreich, lefty Blair Walters and a player to be named later. Heidenreich will report to Double-A Corpus Christi and Walters will go to High-A Lancaster. Both are starters.
The 31-year-old Myers has a 3.52 ERA with 19 saves. He was a starter for two seasons with the Astros before taking over as closer this season.
The Astros already have traded Carlos Lee, Brandon Lyon and J.A. Happ this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball
- Cup of Coffee: Acosta scores four in GCL Sox sweep
- Weekly Notes: Betts returns to Pawtucket, Owens wins ninth straight
- 2014 Draft recap: Sox sign 31 players, with impact potential at the top
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo, Johnson impress, Stankiewicz fans nine
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #61: Wild Turkeys, July 2, and the Draft
- Cup of Coffee: Owens stays strong; Ball delivers best yet
- Cup of Coffee: Steven Wright leads Pawtucket; Meyers powers Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Hassan stays hot; Victorino looks strong in rehab