Trade Deadline: Astros ship closer Brett Myers to White Sox
|07.22.12 at 8:02 am ET|
Houston, MLB’s worst team, has continued its selling process by trading closer Brett Myers to the White Sox for a slew of minor leaguers.
Myers heads to Chicago in exchange for righty Matt Heidenreich, lefty Blair Walters and a player to be named later. Heidenreich will report to Double-A Corpus Christi and Walters will go to High-A Lancaster. Both are starters.
The 31-year-old Myers has a 3.52 ERA with 19 saves. He was a starter for two seasons with the Astros before taking over as closer this season.
The Astros already have traded Carlos Lee, Brandon Lyon and J.A. Happ this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Greenville makes playoff push, GCL Sox reach finals
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, De Jesus pitch Sox into GCL finals
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads