Trade Deadline: Astros ship closer Brett Myers to White Sox
|07.22.12 at 8:02 am ET|
Houston, MLB’s worst team, has continued its selling process by trading closer Brett Myers to the White Sox for a slew of minor leaguers.
Myers heads to Chicago in exchange for righty Matt Heidenreich, lefty Blair Walters and a player to be named later. Heidenreich will report to Double-A Corpus Christi and Walters will go to High-A Lancaster. Both are starters.
The 31-year-old Myers has a 3.52 ERA with 19 saves. He was a starter for two seasons with the Astros before taking over as closer this season.
The Astros already have traded Carlos Lee, Brandon Lyon and J.A. Happ this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Top 40 in Review: Deven Marrero and Trey Ball
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Michael Kopech and Sean Coyle
- Top 40 in Review: Wendell Rijo and Edwin Escobar
- Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Shaw and Sam Travis
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Marrero dominates in AFL
- Top 40 in Review: Nick Longhi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje