Trade Deadline: Astros ship closer Brett Myers to White Sox
|07.22.12 at 8:02 am ET|
Houston, MLB’s worst team, has continued its selling process by trading closer Brett Myers to the White Sox for a slew of minor leaguers.
Myers heads to Chicago in exchange for righty Matt Heidenreich, lefty Blair Walters and a player to be named later. Heidenreich will report to Double-A Corpus Christi and Walters will go to High-A Lancaster. Both are starters.
The 31-year-old Myers has a 3.52 ERA with 19 saves. He was a starter for two seasons with the Astros before taking over as closer this season.
The Astros already have traded Carlos Lee, Brandon Lyon and J.A. Happ this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance