Trade Deadline: Astros ship closer Brett Myers to White Sox
|07.22.12 at 8:02 am ET|
Houston, MLB’s worst team, has continued its selling process by trading closer Brett Myers to the White Sox for a slew of minor leaguers.
Myers heads to Chicago in exchange for righty Matt Heidenreich, lefty Blair Walters and a player to be named later. Heidenreich will report to Double-A Corpus Christi and Walters will go to High-A Lancaster. Both are starters.
The 31-year-old Myers has a 3.52 ERA with 19 saves. He was a starter for two seasons with the Astros before taking over as closer this season.
The Astros already have traded Carlos Lee, Brandon Lyon and J.A. Happ this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Couch leads PawSox to Series win
- Cup of Coffee: Owens struggles, pushing PawSox to the brink
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket drops game two in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket takes game one of Governor's Cup
- Rusney Castillo flashes exciting potential in Triple-A debut
- Barnes promoted to Boston
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes