Trade Deadline: Astros ship closer Brett Myers to White Sox
|07.22.12 at 8:02 am ET|
Houston, MLB’s worst team, has continued its selling process by trading closer Brett Myers to the White Sox for a slew of minor leaguers.
Myers heads to Chicago in exchange for righty Matt Heidenreich, lefty Blair Walters and a player to be named later. Heidenreich will report to Double-A Corpus Christi and Walters will go to High-A Lancaster. Both are starters.
The 31-year-old Myers has a 3.52 ERA with 19 saves. He was a starter for two seasons with the Astros before taking over as closer this season.
The Astros already have traded Carlos Lee, Brandon Lyon and J.A. Happ this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Miller homer lifts Portland following Rodriguez gem
- Barnes continues resurgence behind explosive fastball, strong curve
- Cup of Coffee: Barnes impresses in shutout victory
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo shuts out Lehigh Valley
- Players of the Week, 8/11-17: Keith Couch & Keury De La Cruz
- Cup of Coffee: Top picks Chavis and Kopech key GCL Sox win
- Jackie Bradley, Jr. optioned to Pawtucket, Betts called up to Boston
- Weekly Notes: Margot's break out continues in Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Monge, Margot, and Mookie keep mashing
- Cup of Coffee: Couch dominates Richmond