|Trade Deadline: Diamondbacks, Tigers talk Drew-Peralta trade||07.22.12 at 10:02 am ET|
The Diamondbacks and Tigers have spoken of a trade including Jhonny Peralta and Stephen Drew, Fox Sports reported.
The deal, which is reportedly unlikely, would give Arizona some relief at third base or shortstop. Although Peralta currently plays shortstop for Detroit, and has for most of his MLB career, the 30-year-old can also play at third base.
This season Peralta is batting .271 with six home runs and 33 RBI through 86 games. Drew is batting .214 with six RBI in 16 games this season.
The 29-year-old Drew has a $10 million mutual option for next season. Peralta also has a 2013 option, but his is $6 million.
- Cup of Coffee: Affiliates sweep, Natoli and Almanzar ignite Portland offense
- Red Sox recall Iglesias, Aceves; place Victorino, Middlebrooks on DL
- Cup of Coffee: Morales sharp in rehab outing as Sea Dogs roll
- Red Sox ink veteran lefty Rafael Perez to minor league deal
- Cup of Coffee: Vazquez nearly hits for cycle in Portland’s walk-off win
- Players of the Week, May 13-19: Mookie Betts and Matt Price
- Cup of Coffee: Montas strikes out eight in Greenville loss
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #34
- ESPNBoston: De La Rosa finding his way in Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Bradley, Holt shine in PawSox loss