Trade Deadline: Yankees reportedly ‘in on everybody’
|07.22.12 at 9:52 am ET|
Philadelphia may shop Victorino or let him leave and collect a draft choice when the season ends. If the Phillies are willing to part with Victorino before July 31, Heyman reported the Yankees would be interested.
It seems unlikely Upton will land with the Yankees and a source told Heyman the Twins are asking for a lot in return for Span.
This season Victorino, who has played seven of his eight years with Philadelphia, is batting .253 with 38 RBI. Arizona’s Upton is batting .274 for 41 RBI while Span has a .276 batting average and 29 RBI.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Sox quiet at deadline, Owens called up
- Scouting Scratch: Greenville Arms Part 1
- Kevin Steen promoted to Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Yoan Moncada and Tim Roberson have big days in Portland slugfest
- Owens to be called up, will debut in Yankee Stadium
- Cup of Coffee: Ockimey powers Lowell, Hernandez leads PawSox comeback
- Cup of Coffee: McAvoy tosses Salem past Nationals
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis shines in national TV spotlight
- Cup of Coffee: Travis, Owens continue hot stretches
- Cup of Coffee: Brian Johnson leads PawSox to shutout victory