|Trade Deadline: Braves reportedly acquire Cubs starter Ryan Dempster||07.23.12 at 3:33 pm ET|
According to MLB.com’s Mark Bowman, the Braves have won the sweepstakes for Cubs starting pitcher Ryan Dempster.
Bowman didn’t include who the Cubs are getting in exchange for Dempster, but did note it could be rookie starting pitcher Randall Delgado. The 22-year-old has been bouncing between the Braves Triple-A affiliate Gwinnett and the major league club for two years, but he is 4-9 with a 4.42 ERA this season for Atlanta.
CBSSports.com insider Jon Heyman also reported that Dempster will likely waive his no-trade clause.
Dempster, 35, is 5-4 with a 2.11 ERA this season. This will be his fourth team.
- SoxProspects Video of the Week: Matt Barnes
- Cup of Coffee: Henry, Diaz propel Pawtucket to blowout victory
- Cup of Coffee: Spring's walk-off grand slam lifts Portland
- Bradley: "Everything's back to normal"
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox, Drive produce walk-off wins
- PawSox activate Jackie Bradley, Jr. from disabled list
- Weekly Notes: De La Rosa, Betts take center stage
- Cup of Coffee: Shaw leads 18-hit attack in Sea Dogs rout
- Cup of Coffee: Gedman, big Salem seventh key system’s only win
- Christian Vazquez’s new focus at the plate starting to pay off