Trade Deadline: Dodgers said to be interested in Brewers 3B Aramis Ramirez
|07.23.12 at 10:10 am ET|
After three straight losses over the weekend pushed them 10½ games off the pace in the NL Central, the Brewers are likely to be sellers as the trade deadline approaches.
With rumors already circling about Zack Greinke and Francisco Rodriguez being trade bait, Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that third baseman Aramis Ramirez is entering the discussion as well.
Ramirez is said to have drawn considerable attention from the Dodgers, who would like an upgrade over Juan Uribe. Hardicourt says trading Ramirez, who is in the first of a three-year, $36 million deal, would be a surprise because the Brewers have no obvious candidate to replace him.
The 34-year-old is hitting .277 with 10 home runs and 55 RBIs and is second in the NL with 31 doubles, trailing only Joey Votto (36). Ramirez doesn’t have no-trade protection in his contract.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Shaw Becoming Star After Being Thrown in Spotlight by Sandoval Benching
- Ortiz, Red Sox Look Headed for 1 More Exciting Run
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- April Players of the Month: Andrew Benintendi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada hits grand slam to lead Salem sweep
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Nick Longhi
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas and Maxwell lead the PawSox
- Podcast Ep. 95: One month in, start it up again
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez, Smith begin rehab assignments
- Cup of Coffee: Rijo breaks out, rain washes Salem and Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Lakins continue strong starts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi continues surge, Smith rehabs
- Cup of Coffee: E-Rod rehabs, Ball debuts, Benintendi big again