Trade Deadline: Dodgers said to be interested in Brewers 3B Aramis Ramirez
|07.23.12 at 10:10 am ET|
After three straight losses over the weekend pushed them 10½ games off the pace in the NL Central, the Brewers are likely to be sellers as the trade deadline approaches.
With rumors already circling about Zack Greinke and Francisco Rodriguez being trade bait, Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that third baseman Aramis Ramirez is entering the discussion as well.
Ramirez is said to have drawn considerable attention from the Dodgers, who would like an upgrade over Juan Uribe. Hardicourt says trading Ramirez, who is in the first of a three-year, $36 million deal, would be a surprise because the Brewers have no obvious candidate to replace him.
The 34-year-old is hitting .277 with 10 home runs and 55 RBIs and is second in the NL with 31 doubles, trailing only Joey Votto (36). Ramirez doesn’t have no-trade protection in his contract.
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox 40-man roster additions expected