|Trade Deadline: Dodgers said to be interested in Brewers 3B Aramis Ramirez||07.23.12 at 10:10 am ET|
After three straight losses over the weekend pushed them 10½ games off the pace in the NL Central, the Brewers are likely to be sellers as the trade deadline approaches.
With rumors already circling about Zack Greinke and Francisco Rodriguez being trade bait, Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that third baseman Aramis Ramirez is entering the discussion as well.
Ramirez is said to have drawn considerable attention from the Dodgers, who would like an upgrade over Juan Uribe. Hardicourt says trading Ramirez, who is in the first of a three-year, $36 million deal, would be a surprise because the Brewers have no obvious candidate to replace him.
The 34-year-old is hitting .277 with 10 home runs and 55 RBIs and is second in the NL with 31 doubles, trailing only Joey Votto (36). Ramirez doesn’t have no-trade protection in his contract.
- Cup of Coffee: Spring's walk-off grand slam lifts Portland
- Bradley: "Everything's back to normal"
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox, Drive produce walk-off wins
- PawSox activate Jackie Bradley, Jr. from disabled list
- Weekly Notes: De La Rosa, Betts take center stage
- Cup of Coffee: Shaw leads 18-hit attack in Sea Dogs rout
- Cup of Coffee: Gedman, big Salem seventh key system’s only win
- Christian Vazquez’s new focus at the plate starting to pay off
- Cup of Coffee: Augliera dominant in Salem victory
- Players of the Week, May 6-12: Rubby De La Rosa and Mookie Betts