|Trade Deadline: Giants reportedly interested in Indians closer Chris Perez||07.23.12 at 2:29 pm ET|
The Giants, 13th in bullpen ERA in the majors, are interested in some late-game help, according to Fox Sports’ Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi.
Rosenthal and Morosi reported on Monday that San Francisco is interested in Cleveland closer Chris Perez. The two said that Cleveland might be unopposed to moving Perez because of its bullpen depth and the fact that he will likely earn about $7 million in the second year of arbitration.
Both also reported that Indians right fielder Sin-Shoo Choo is another attractive player on the trade market.
Perez, 27, is 26-for-28 in save opportunities this season and has a 3.06 ERA.
- Players of the Week, May 13-19: Mookie Betts and Matt Price
- Cup of Coffee: Montas strikes out eight in Greenville loss
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #34
- ESPNBoston: De La Rosa finding his way in Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Bradley, Holt shine in PawSox loss
- Xander Bogaerts, Portland to headline Futures at Fenway
- SoxProspects Video of the Week: Matt Barnes
- Cup of Coffee: Henry, Diaz propel Pawtucket to blowout victory
- Cup of Coffee: Spring's walk-off grand slam lifts Portland
- Bradley: "Everything's back to normal"