Trade Deadline: Dodgers, Rangers reportedly join Angels in hunt for Rays P James Shields
|07.26.12 at 1:05 pm ET|
The Angels’ AL West-rival Rangers as well as their crosstown-rival Dodgers have joined the trade talks for Rays starting pitcher James Shields, according to CBSSports.com’s Jon Heyman.
Heyman said that all three teams have proposed trades to the Rays, but Tampa Bay is looking for a more enticing offer. He also reported that the Angels discussed a package including young center fielder Peter Bourjos, who hasn’t played much because of the emergence of sensational rookie Mike Trout.
Shields, 30, has a $9 million team option for 2013 and a $12 million team option for 2014. He’s 8-6 with a 4.39 ERA this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Chris Sale Says Cutting White Sox Jerseys with Knife Was Mistake
- Boston Red Sox: Non-Roster Invitees with Best Shot to Make 25-Man Roster
- Red Sox Broadcaster Jerry Remy Diagnosed with Lung Cancer Relapse
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Fort Report: Rankings, returns, & reporting to camp
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven