Trade Deadline: Dodgers, Rangers reportedly join Angels in hunt for Rays P James Shields
|07.26.12 at 1:05 pm ET|
The Angels’ AL West-rival Rangers as well as their crosstown-rival Dodgers have joined the trade talks for Rays starting pitcher James Shields, according to CBSSports.com’s Jon Heyman.
Heyman said that all three teams have proposed trades to the Rays, but Tampa Bay is looking for a more enticing offer. He also reported that the Angels discussed a package including young center fielder Peter Bourjos, who hasn’t played much because of the emergence of sensational rookie Mike Trout.
Shields, 30, has a $9 million team option for 2013 and a $12 million team option for 2014. He’s 8-6 with a 4.39 ERA this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?