Trade Deadline: Dodgers, Rangers reportedly join Angels in hunt for Rays P James Shields
|07.26.12 at 1:05 pm ET|
The Angels’ AL West-rival Rangers as well as their crosstown-rival Dodgers have joined the trade talks for Rays starting pitcher James Shields, according to CBSSports.com’s Jon Heyman.
Heyman said that all three teams have proposed trades to the Rays, but Tampa Bay is looking for a more enticing offer. He also reported that the Angels discussed a package including young center fielder Peter Bourjos, who hasn’t played much because of the emergence of sensational rookie Mike Trout.
Shields, 30, has a $9 million team option for 2013 and a $12 million team option for 2014. He’s 8-6 with a 4.39 ERA this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings