Trade Deadline: Dodgers, Rangers reportedly join Angels in hunt for Rays P James Shields
|07.26.12 at 1:05 pm ET|
The Angels’ AL West-rival Rangers as well as their crosstown-rival Dodgers have joined the trade talks for Rays starting pitcher James Shields, according to CBSSports.com’s Jon Heyman.
Heyman said that all three teams have proposed trades to the Rays, but Tampa Bay is looking for a more enticing offer. He also reported that the Angels discussed a package including young center fielder Peter Bourjos, who hasn’t played much because of the emergence of sensational rookie Mike Trout.
Shields, 30, has a $9 million team option for 2013 and a $12 million team option for 2014. He’s 8-6 with a 4.39 ERA this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest
- Weekly Notes: Moncada set to debut, Brian Johnson keeps producing
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech and Haley solid, Tejeda swinging a hot bat
- Yoan Moncada to debut with Greenville on Monday
- Cup of Coffee: Witte nearly hits for the cycle, Devers strong for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Roberson hits for the cycle, Owens has impressive start