Trade Deadline: Former Red Sox Marco Scutaro most likely Rockies player to be dealt
|07.26.12 at 4:53 pm ET|
The report states that the Nationals — who recently lost Ian Desmond for a month — and the Rays were among the teams in attendance at Chase Field scouting Scutaro. The 36-year-old infielder has $2.3 million remaining on his current deal, which runs out at the end of this season.
Scutaro has primarily played at second base for the Rockies (71 games), while manning shortstop for 27 games. He is hitting .271 with a .684 OPS, also totaling four homers and seven stolen bases. The infielder’s best month came in June, when he hit .337.
The Red Sox dealt Scutaro last offseason for pitcher Clayton Mortensen, in part to free up money to sign free agent outfielder Cody Ross.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Garin Cecchini and Yoan Aybar
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis blasts walk-off home run
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Chandler Shepherd and Kyle Martin