Trade Deadline: Several teams interested in Brewers P Zack Greinke
|07.26.12 at 10:06 am ET|
Brewers pitcher Zack Greinke may have just become the top available starter on the trading block, and several teams are apparently interested in the righty.
With Cole Hamels signing a six-year, $144 million extension with the Phillies, it seems as if Greinke is the most highly touted pitcher left on the market. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Tom Haudricourt reported Wednesday night that the Brewers were taking calls from teams interested in Greinke.
“It sounds like he’s as good as gone,” the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s source said. “There’s no reason for them to keep him now.”
Haudricourt believes the Rangers, Braves and Angels are the most seriously interested in Greinke and are making big pushes to get him. He also noted that the White Sox, Orioles, Dodgers, Nationals, Blue Jays and even the Red Sox could possibly go after the 28-year-old.
Greinke is 9-3 with a 3.44 ERA this season and allowed one run in seven innings in his last start on Tuesday vs the Phillies.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory