Trade Deadline: Several teams interested in Brewers P Zack Greinke
|07.26.12 at 10:06 am ET|
Brewers pitcher Zack Greinke may have just become the top available starter on the trading block, and several teams are apparently interested in the righty.
With Cole Hamels signing a six-year, $144 million extension with the Phillies, it seems as if Greinke is the most highly touted pitcher left on the market. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Tom Haudricourt reported Wednesday night that the Brewers were taking calls from teams interested in Greinke.
“It sounds like he’s as good as gone,” the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s source said. “There’s no reason for them to keep him now.”
Haudricourt believes the Rangers, Braves and Angels are the most seriously interested in Greinke and are making big pushes to get him. He also noted that the White Sox, Orioles, Dodgers, Nationals, Blue Jays and even the Red Sox could possibly go after the 28-year-old.
Greinke is 9-3 with a 3.44 ERA this season and allowed one run in seven innings in his last start on Tuesday vs the Phillies.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced
- Podcast Ep. 85: Final Notes from the Field, Sept. Rankings, Wendell Rijo