Trade Deadline: Several teams interested in Brewers P Zack Greinke
|07.26.12 at 10:06 am ET|
Brewers pitcher Zack Greinke may have just become the top available starter on the trading block, and several teams are apparently interested in the righty.
With Cole Hamels signing a six-year, $144 million extension with the Phillies, it seems as if Greinke is the most highly touted pitcher left on the market. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Tom Haudricourt reported Wednesday night that the Brewers were taking calls from teams interested in Greinke.
“It sounds like he’s as good as gone,” the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s source said. “There’s no reason for them to keep him now.”
Haudricourt believes the Rangers, Braves and Angels are the most seriously interested in Greinke and are making big pushes to get him. He also noted that the White Sox, Orioles, Dodgers, Nationals, Blue Jays and even the Red Sox could possibly go after the 28-year-old.
Greinke is 9-3 with a 3.44 ERA this season and allowed one run in seven innings in his last start on Tuesday vs the Phillies.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles