Trade Deadline: Several teams interested in Brewers P Zack Greinke
|07.26.12 at 10:06 am ET|
Brewers pitcher Zack Greinke may have just become the top available starter on the trading block, and several teams are apparently interested in the righty.
With Cole Hamels signing a six-year, $144 million extension with the Phillies, it seems as if Greinke is the most highly touted pitcher left on the market. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Tom Haudricourt reported Wednesday night that the Brewers were taking calls from teams interested in Greinke.
“It sounds like he’s as good as gone,” the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s source said. “There’s no reason for them to keep him now.”
Haudricourt believes the Rangers, Braves and Angels are the most seriously interested in Greinke and are making big pushes to get him. He also noted that the White Sox, Orioles, Dodgers, Nationals, Blue Jays and even the Red Sox could possibly go after the 28-year-old.
Greinke is 9-3 with a 3.44 ERA this season and allowed one run in seven innings in his last start on Tuesday vs the Phillies.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens