Trade Deadline: A’s reportedly interested in Jays SS Yunel Escobar, Diamondacks SS Stephen Drew
|07.30.12 at 12:31 pm ET|
After missing out on acquiring Hanley Ramirez, the A’s reportedly have set their sights on Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reported Thursday that Escobar is an option for the A’s, while the Blue Jays are believed to have strong interest in Oakland pitcher Brett Anderson.
The Jays (51-50) could be willing to deal Escobar given they have highly-touted Cuban prospect Adeiny Hechavarria waiting in the minors.
Heyman reported that the Mariners also could be interested in Escobar.
The 29-year-old is hitting .255 with seven homers and 35 RBIs for Toronto. He is under contract through 2013 with club options for both 2014 and 2015.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- David Ortiz Discusses Retirement from Baseball, Time with Red Sox
- Jackie Bradley Jr. Is Now a Red Sox Star
- Big Papi Cementing His Legend with a Bang
- Ortiz Passes Banks, Mathews for 22nd Place on MLB's HR List
- Red Sox's High-Octane Offense Fueling Rise Back to Prominence
- Red Sox Score Double-Digit Runs for 4th Consecutive Game
- Red Sox 1st Team Since 1999 to Score 13+ Runs in 3 Straight
- Cup of Coffee: Almonte throws six no-hit innings
- Cup of Coffee: Owens, others struggle on mound
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza dominates in mid-week matinee
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez fires seven strong innings in rehab start
- Cup of Coffee: Raudes strikes out eight over six scoreless frames
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez to start tomorrow for Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shines again for Salem
- The Write-Up: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Cup of Coffee: Kemp homers twice, Light hits 101
- Cup of Coffee: Moore comes through in the clutch for Salem