Trade Deadline: A’s reportedly interested in Jays SS Yunel Escobar, Diamondacks SS Stephen Drew
|07.30.12 at 12:31 pm ET|
After missing out on acquiring Hanley Ramirez, the A’s reportedly have set their sights on Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reported Thursday that Escobar is an option for the A’s, while the Blue Jays are believed to have strong interest in Oakland pitcher Brett Anderson.
The Jays (51-50) could be willing to deal Escobar given they have highly-touted Cuban prospect Adeiny Hechavarria waiting in the minors.
Heyman reported that the Mariners also could be interested in Escobar.
The 29-year-old is hitting .255 with seven homers and 35 RBIs for Toronto. He is under contract through 2013 with club options for both 2014 and 2015.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Brian Johnson leads PawSox to shutout victory
- After slow start, Cecchini heating up at the plate, settling into left field
- Cup of Coffee: Watkins earns save after catching 14 innings
- Weekly Notes: Johnson makes Major League debut
- Cup of Coffee: Big offensive performances from Pawtucket, Greenville and Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Travis highlight tight Portland victory
- Cup of Coffee: Tejeda's big night pushes Portland past Fisher Cats
- 2015 Draft Recap: Benintendi a best-case scenario
- Podcast Ep. 81: Dropping in on the Drive, Darren Fenster interview
- Cup of Coffee: Owens solid again, Portland stages comeback