Trade Deadline: Indians reportedly shopping Justin Masterson, drawing interest from Red Sox
|07.30.12 at 11:39 am ET|
Losers in seven of their last 10 games, the fading Indians are shopping Opening Day starter Justin Masterston, reports Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com.
According to Knobler, the Red Sox had scouts on hand to watch their former pitcher Saturday in Minnesota, where the 27-year-old righty allowed eight runs and 10 hits in 5 2/3 innings. The Rangers, Cardinals and Orioles also could be interested.
Masterson, who appeared in a total of 67 games for the Sox in 2008 and 2009, is 7-9 with a 4.49 ERA this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Groome impresses in spring start
- Notes from the Field: Jason Groome debuts on Day Four
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp