Trade Deadline: Shane Victorino appears likely to be traded
|07.30.12 at 11:44 am ET|
Shane Victorino‘s long run with the Phillies appears to be nearing an end.
ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick tweets that the Phillies ‘have too many trade options for Victorino to fathom that he’ll stay put.’
Crasnick lists the Dodgers, Reds, Pirates and Giants among the teams linked to Victorino, who makes $9.5 million this season. The 31-year-old center fielder becomes a free agent at season’s end.
Victorino is hitting .261 this season with nine home runs, 40 RBIs, and 24 stolen bases. A lifetime .277 hitter, Victorino joined the Phillies in 2005 and has played the entirety of his major league career in Philadelphia with the exception of a brief stint for the Padres in 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rivero, Castillo make early impressions
- Top 40 Season in Review: Noe Ramirez and Luis Diaz
- Top 40 Season in Review: Bryce Brentz and Christopher Acosta
- Top 40 Season in Review: Justin Haley and Jake Cosart
- Top 40 Season in Review: Drake Britton and Dalier Hinojosa
- Top 40 Season in Review: Cody Kukuk and Jamie Callahan
- Top 40 Season in Review: Dan Butler and Mauricio Dubon
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Coyle impress early
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two