Trade Deadline: Shane Victorino appears likely to be traded
|07.30.12 at 11:44 am ET|
Shane Victorino‘s long run with the Phillies appears to be nearing an end.
ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick tweets that the Phillies ‘have too many trade options for Victorino to fathom that he’ll stay put.’
Crasnick lists the Dodgers, Reds, Pirates and Giants among the teams linked to Victorino, who makes $9.5 million this season. The 31-year-old center fielder becomes a free agent at season’s end.
Victorino is hitting .261 this season with nine home runs, 40 RBIs, and 24 stolen bases. A lifetime .277 hitter, Victorino joined the Phillies in 2005 and has played the entirety of his major league career in Philadelphia with the exception of a brief stint for the Padres in 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis blasts walk-off home run
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Chandler Shepherd and Kyle Martin
- Podcast Ep. 88: Breaking down the Kimbrel trade