Trade Deadline: Shane Victorino appears likely to be traded
|07.30.12 at 11:44 am ET|
Shane Victorino‘s long run with the Phillies appears to be nearing an end.
ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick tweets that the Phillies ‘have too many trade options for Victorino to fathom that he’ll stay put.’
Crasnick lists the Dodgers, Reds, Pirates and Giants among the teams linked to Victorino, who makes $9.5 million this season. The 31-year-old center fielder becomes a free agent at season’s end.
Victorino is hitting .261 this season with nine home runs, 40 RBIs, and 24 stolen bases. A lifetime .277 hitter, Victorino joined the Phillies in 2005 and has played the entirety of his major league career in Philadelphia with the exception of a brief stint for the Padres in 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Couch leads PawSox to Series win
- Cup of Coffee: Owens struggles, pushing PawSox to the brink
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket drops game two in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket takes game one of Governor's Cup
- Rusney Castillo flashes exciting potential in Triple-A debut
- Barnes promoted to Boston
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes