Trade Deadline: Shane Victorino appears likely to be traded
|07.30.12 at 11:44 am ET|
Shane Victorino‘s long run with the Phillies appears to be nearing an end.
ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick tweets that the Phillies ‘have too many trade options for Victorino to fathom that he’ll stay put.’
Crasnick lists the Dodgers, Reds, Pirates and Giants among the teams linked to Victorino, who makes $9.5 million this season. The 31-year-old center fielder becomes a free agent at season’s end.
Victorino is hitting .261 this season with nine home runs, 40 RBIs, and 24 stolen bases. A lifetime .277 hitter, Victorino joined the Phillies in 2005 and has played the entirety of his major league career in Philadelphia with the exception of a brief stint for the Padres in 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Shaw Becoming Star After Being Thrown in Spotlight by Sandoval Benching
- Ortiz, Red Sox Look Headed for 1 More Exciting Run
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza ties Drive K record in dominant outing
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero powers PawSox past IronPigs
- April Players of the Month: Andrew Benintendi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada hits grand slam to lead Salem sweep
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Nick Longhi
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas and Maxwell lead the PawSox
- Podcast Ep. 95: One month in, start it up again
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez, Smith begin rehab assignments
- Cup of Coffee: Rijo breaks out, rain washes Salem and Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Lakins continue strong starts