Trade Deadline: Blue Jays deal Travis Snider to Pirates for Brad Lincoln
|07.31.12 at 3:38 pm ET|
The Blue Jays traded outfielder Travis Snider for right-handed pitcher Brad Lincoln, completing a swap of 2006 first-round picks.
Snider is batting .250 with three home runs and a .559 slugging percentage in 10 games with the Blue Jays since being called up from Triple-A Las Vegas following Toronto’s 10-player deal with Houston earlier this month. The 24-year-old, who was taken with the 14th overall pick in 2006, has spent time in the majors every season since 2008.
Snider will likely be a starting outfielder in Pittsburgh along with MVP-candidate Andrew McCutchen and recently called-up top-prospect Starling Marte.
While Snider was a high first-round pick, Lincoln was an even higher first-rounder, as the Pirates took him fourth overall in 2006. The 27-year-old has a 4-2 record with a 2.73 ERA in 28 games (five starts) with Pittsburgh this season.
In his last four starts with the Pirates before being moved back to the bullpen, Lincoln was 2-2 with a 7.13 ERA. However, since being moved to the bullpen, Lincoln has a save, a blown save and five holds while maintaining a 0.57 ERA through 10 appearances.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston