Trade Deadline: Blue Jays deal Travis Snider to Pirates for Brad Lincoln
|07.31.12 at 3:38 pm ET|
The Blue Jays traded outfielder Travis Snider for right-handed pitcher Brad Lincoln, completing a swap of 2006 first-round picks.
Snider is batting .250 with three home runs and a .559 slugging percentage in 10 games with the Blue Jays since being called up from Triple-A Las Vegas following Toronto’s 10-player deal with Houston earlier this month. The 24-year-old, who was taken with the 14th overall pick in 2006, has spent time in the majors every season since 2008.
Snider will likely be a starting outfielder in Pittsburgh along with MVP-candidate Andrew McCutchen and recently called-up top-prospect Starling Marte.
While Snider was a high first-round pick, Lincoln was an even higher first-rounder, as the Pirates took him fourth overall in 2006. The 27-year-old has a 4-2 record with a 2.73 ERA in 28 games (five starts) with Pittsburgh this season.
In his last four starts with the Pirates before being moved back to the bullpen, Lincoln was 2-2 with a 7.13 ERA. However, since being moved to the bullpen, Lincoln has a save, a blown save and five holds while maintaining a 0.57 ERA through 10 appearances.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Chatham comes up clutch, Downs lifts Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero, pitching help PawSox clip Red Wings
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts