Trade Deadline: Blue Jays deal Travis Snider to Pirates for Brad Lincoln
|07.31.12 at 3:38 pm ET|
The Blue Jays traded outfielder Travis Snider for right-handed pitcher Brad Lincoln, completing a swap of 2006 first-round picks.
Snider is batting .250 with three home runs and a .559 slugging percentage in 10 games with the Blue Jays since being called up from Triple-A Las Vegas following Toronto’s 10-player deal with Houston earlier this month. The 24-year-old, who was taken with the 14th overall pick in 2006, has spent time in the majors every season since 2008.
Snider will likely be a starting outfielder in Pittsburgh along with MVP-candidate Andrew McCutchen and recently called-up top-prospect Starling Marte.
While Snider was a high first-round pick, Lincoln was an even higher first-rounder, as the Pirates took him fourth overall in 2006. The 27-year-old has a 4-2 record with a 2.73 ERA in 28 games (five starts) with Pittsburgh this season.
In his last four starts with the Pirates before being moved back to the bullpen, Lincoln was 2-2 with a 7.13 ERA. However, since being moved to the bullpen, Lincoln has a save, a blown save and five holds while maintaining a 0.57 ERA through 10 appearances.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler