Trade Deadline: Dodgers acquire Shane Victorino from Phillies
|07.31.12 at 2:31 pm ET|
Victorino, a two-time All-Star center fielder, is batting .261 with nine home runs, 40 RBIs and 24 steals this season for the last-place Phillies. The 31-year-old has been a big part of Philadelphia’s five consecutive NL East titles and the 2008 World Series title.
He will now join the Dodgers, who are trying to edge out the first-place spot in the NL West over the Giants and Diamondbacks. Los Angeles’ outfield also includes Andre Ethier and Matt Kemp, who both also are two-time All-Stars.
Martin, the prospect sent to Philadelphia in the deal, was the team’s 2008 first-round pick (15th overall). The right-hander is 8-6 with a 3.58 ERA in 20 starts with Double-A Chattanooga this season. Lindblom has been a solid relief option for the Dodgers this season, going 2-2 with a 3.02 ERA in 48 relief appearances this season.
Under baseball’s new labor contract, the Dodgers will not receive a compensatory draft selection should Victorino decide to sign somewhere else this offseason.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance
- Weekly Notes: Moncada promoted, Kopech debuts, and Salem claims Southern Division first-half title