Trade Deadline: Dodgers acquire Shane Victorino from Phillies
|07.31.12 at 2:31 pm ET|
Victorino, a two-time All-Star center fielder, is batting .261 with nine home runs, 40 RBIs and 24 steals this season for the last-place Phillies. The 31-year-old has been a big part of Philadelphia’s five consecutive NL East titles and the 2008 World Series title.
He will now join the Dodgers, who are trying to edge out the first-place spot in the NL West over the Giants and Diamondbacks. Los Angeles’ outfield also includes Andre Ethier and Matt Kemp, who both also are two-time All-Stars.
Martin, the prospect sent to Philadelphia in the deal, was the team’s 2008 first-round pick (15th overall). The right-hander is 8-6 with a 3.58 ERA in 20 starts with Double-A Chattanooga this season. Lindblom has been a solid relief option for the Dodgers this season, going 2-2 with a 3.02 ERA in 48 relief appearances this season.
Under baseball’s new labor contract, the Dodgers will not receive a compensatory draft selection should Victorino decide to sign somewhere else this offseason.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Top 40 in Review: Deven Marrero and Trey Ball
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Michael Kopech and Sean Coyle
- Top 40 in Review: Wendell Rijo and Edwin Escobar
- Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Shaw and Sam Travis
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Marrero dominates in AFL
- Top 40 in Review: Nick Longhi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje