Poll: What should the Red Sox do with Bobby Valentine?
|08.07.12 at 8:39 am ET|
As controversy swirled around the future of Bobby Valentine with the Red Sox on Monday, team owner John Henry said that his team is “not making a change in manager,” noting that an organization is “more than a field manager,” while GM Ben Cherington amplified the point, saying, “Bobby’s our manager and we’re not considering anyone else.”
Are the Red Sox right to proceed in this fashion? Should Valentine (now in the first year of a two-year deal) remain the manager of the Red Sox? And if not, when is the right time to make a change? Vote below and then say your peace in the comments section.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Top prospects on the move
- Cup of Coffee: Salem, Greenville bullpens fall apart, Pawtucket wins in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Margot homers in Hadlock debut
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon, Miller shine in Salem debuts
- Notes from the Field: Margot's Double-A debut and more
- Cup of Coffee: Portland welcomes new call-ups, Moncada has big night
- Dubon promoted to Salem, Jerez to Portland in series of roster moves
- Devers, Margot named to Futures Game roster
- Report: Marrero, Aro, Bradley up to Boston
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson sharp again, Espinoza debuts for GCL Sox