Red Sox vs. Rangers Live Blog, Aug. 8
|08.08.12 at 1:26 pm ET|
After splitting the first two games of a three-game series, the Red Sox will look to return to .500 on Wednesday afternoon against the Rangers. The Red Sox are 11-7 since the All-Star break against American League opponents with better records than them . . . and 1-6 against teams with worse records.
Josh Beckett will return to the mound for the first time since July 31, when he suffered back spasms while pitching on a wet Fenway Park mound. He will face off against Rangers left-hander Matt Harrison, an All-Star who is 13-6 with a 3.17 ERA this year.
For all the latest news, analysis and insight from the game, join the WEEI.com Live Blog, below:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston
- Cup of Coffee: Devers helps keep Salem alive, Lowell eliminated
- Scouting Scratch: Jason Groome