Red Sox vs. Rangers Live Blog, Aug. 8
|08.08.12 at 1:26 pm ET|
After splitting the first two games of a three-game series, the Red Sox will look to return to .500 on Wednesday afternoon against the Rangers. The Red Sox are 11-7 since the All-Star break against American League opponents with better records than them . . . and 1-6 against teams with worse records.
Josh Beckett will return to the mound for the first time since July 31, when he suffered back spasms while pitching on a wet Fenway Park mound. He will face off against Rangers left-hander Matt Harrison, an All-Star who is 13-6 with a 3.17 ERA this year.
For all the latest news, analysis and insight from the game, join the WEEI.com Live Blog, below:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players