Sunday’s Red Sox-Indians matchups: Jon Lester vs. Corey Kluber
|08.12.12 at 9:37 am ET|
In his last outing, the 28-year-old threw 6 2/3 innings and allowed four runs in a 6-3 loss to the Rangers. Lester (5-10, 5.36) is on a two-game losing streak. The Red Sox have lost six of his last seven starts.
Boston defeated the Yankees when Lester pitched six innings and allowed four runs in late July. The lefty has not won a start since June 27, when the Red Sox defeated the Blue Jays 10-4. Lester pitched seven innings of four-run baseball in that game.
Lester hasn’t pitched against the Indians since May 25, when he allowed zero runs through six innings in a Red Sox victory.
Corey Kluber, who will be starting for the Indians, has never faced the Red Sox in his career. In two years in the majors, Kluber (0-0, 6.10) has pitched in five games. He has started twice in his career, both times this season.
Both of Kluber’s starts ended in losses. In his last outing, the 26-year-old allowed one earned run in six innings as the Indians lost to Minnesota. In his first start of the season, on Aug. 2, Kluber allowed six runs through 4 1/3 innings to the Royals.
Red Sox vs. Kluber (RHP)
No current Red Sox batters have faced Kluber.
Indians vs. Lester (LHP)
Asdrubal Cabrera (15 plate appearances): .182 BA/.231 OBP/.273 SLG, 1 double, 1 RBI, 1 walk, 5 strikeouts
Shin-Soo Choo (15): .091/.200/.091, 2 RBIs, 2 walks, 4 strikeouts
Jack Hannahan (14): .429/.429/.429, 2 RBIs, 4 strikeouts
Casey Kotchman (13): .167/.231/.167, 1 RBI, 1 walk, 1 strikeout
Shelley Duncan (12): .364/.417/.545, 2 doubles, 1 RBI, 1 walk, 4 strikeouts
Lou Marson (9): .333/.333/.444, 1 double, 2 RBIs, 2 strikeouts
Jason Donald (6): .500/.500/.667, 1 double, 1 strikeout
Michael Brantley (5): .200/.200/.200, 3 strikeouts
Brent Lillibridge (5): .000/.200/.000, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts
Carlos Santana (3): .000/.333/.000, 1 walk, 1 strikeout
Ezequiel Carrera (1): .000/.000/.000, 1 strikeout
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler