Anatomy of a turnaround
|09.04.12 at 12:55 pm ET|
As mentioned in this column, in the five-year span from 2007-11 (prior to the expansion of the playoffs to include a second wild card team), there were 10 teams to go from the misery of a sub-.500 record to the postseason in the span of 12 months. Here is a look at those 10 teams, with a thumbnail look at the key moves they made to bring in personnel from outside the organization to assist in that turnaround.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi
- 2015 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free! (close to goal)
- Cup of Coffee: Margot helps Portland earn split as part of crazy Monday schedule
- Weekly Notes: Top prospects on the move
- Cup of Coffee: Salem, Greenville bullpens fall apart, Pawtucket wins in extras