|Anatomy of a turnaround||09.04.12 at 12:55 pm ET|
As mentioned in this column, in the five-year span from 2007-11 (prior to the expansion of the playoffs to include a second wild card team), there were 10 teams to go from the misery of a sub-.500 record to the postseason in the span of 12 months. Here is a look at those 10 teams, with a thumbnail look at the key moves they made to bring in personnel from outside the organization to assist in that turnaround.
- Cup of Coffee: Bradley, Holt shine in PawSox loss
- Xander Bogaerts, Portland to headline Futures at Fenway
- SoxProspects Video of the Week: Matt Barnes
- Cup of Coffee: Henry, Diaz propel Pawtucket to blowout victory
- Cup of Coffee: Spring's walk-off grand slam lifts Portland
- Bradley: "Everything's back to normal"
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox, Drive produce walk-off wins
- PawSox activate Jackie Bradley, Jr. from disabled list
- Weekly Notes: De La Rosa, Betts take center stage
- Cup of Coffee: Shaw leads 18-hit attack in Sea Dogs rout