|Poll: What should Red Sox give up for John Farrell?||09.07.12 at 9:37 am ET|
With John Farrell and his Blue Jays coming to town this weekend, the talk and speculation about the former Red Sox pitching coach taking over as Sox manager for 2013 is gaining steam. But, as pointed out in Rob Bradford’s recent column, the path to securing Farrell’s services might be a tricky one.
Farrell is under contract through the ’13 season, and with the Blue Jays maintaining a policy that doesn’t allow lateral moves to another organization, it would appear the only chance of the 50-year-old switching teams would be via a trade.
The following is an opportunity to voice your opinion regarding exactly how much you believe Farrell to be worth to the Red Sox.
- Red Sox recall Iglesias, Aceves; place Victorino, Middlebrooks on DL
- Cup of Coffee: Morales sharp in rehab outing as Sea Dogs roll
- Red Sox ink veteran lefty Rafael Perez to minor league deal
- Cup of Coffee: Vazquez nearly hits for cycle in Portland’s walk-off win
- Players of the Week, May 13-19: Mookie Betts and Matt Price
- Cup of Coffee: Montas strikes out eight in Greenville loss
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #34
- ESPNBoston: De La Rosa finding his way in Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Bradley, Holt shine in PawSox loss
- Xander Bogaerts, Portland to headline Futures at Fenway