Portland Sea Dogs ticket sales to raise funds for Sandy relief
|11.07.12 at 8:45 am ET|
The Double-A Portland Sea Dogs will contribute $1 from every ticket for 2013 games sold between Wednesday, Nov. 7, at 9 a.m. and Fri., Nov. 9, at 5 p.m. to Grand Slam for Sandy, the hurricane relief effort being organized by Sea Dogs catcher Jayson Hernandez. From the team’s release:
Portland Sea Dogs’ catcher, Jayson Hernandez, who has called the Jersey Shore home for the last 18 years has a launched a fundraising campaign; “Grand Slam for Sandy” to aid the relief efforts. The Portland Sea Dogs will contribute to Hernandez’s effort by donating $1.00 for every ticket sold between 9:00 AM on Wednesday, November 7th through 5:00 PM on Friday, November 9th to “Grand Slam for Sandy”.
Tickets for the 2013 season can be ordered over the phone at 207-879-9500 or online at www.seadogs.com. The Hadlock Field Ticket Office is also open 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday and tickets can also be purchased at the Sea Dogs’ kiosk at the Maine Mall.
For more information on “Grand Slam for Sandy” including information on how to make a direct financial donation, visit the Facebook page that has been established for the cause. Hernandez has utilized his Twitter account, @Jays0n_Hernan to promote the cause and update fans.
“I want to thank the Sea Dogs from the bottom my heart for helping out with this, it is truly amazing and humbling to see the response that we’ve had so far,” stated Jayson Hernandez.
The Sea Dogs are expected to feature many of the top prospects in the Red Sox system at the start of 2013, likely including top prospect shortstop Xander Bogaerts.
Hernandez, a native of the Jersey Shore whose high school was damaged badly by the storm, has been joined on twitter by fellow Red Sox prospects and Jersey Shore natives Anthony Ranaudo (@anthony_ranaudo) and Pat Light (@Pat_Light) in an effort to raise money for victims of the storm.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston
- Cup of Coffee: Devers helps keep Salem alive, Lowell eliminated
- Scouting Scratch: Jason Groome