Hot Stove: Mike Napoli tour to swing back through Texas
|11.26.12 at 3:01 pm ET|
According to ESPNDallas.com, free agent Mike Napoli, who met with Red Sox officials (principal owner John Henry, GM Ben Cherington and manager John Farrell) over the weekend, is slated to meet with Rangers officials sometime this week, likely on Wednesday.
Napoli spent the last two years with the Rangers, who acquired him via trade (from the Blue Jays, who had him for four days after a deal with the Angels) prior to the 2011 season, hitting .275/.379/.552/.931 with 54 homers in 221 games while splitting time between catcher, first base and DH in Texas. The 31-year-old made $9.4 million with the Rangers in 2012, but the team declined to make a one-year, $13.3 million qualifying offer (for the purposes of getting a draft pick should he leave in free agency) to Napoli when he reached free agency this year.
Napoli has known interest from the Red Sox, Rangers and Mariners. He reportedly is seeking a deal of at least four years.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins