Hot Stove: Red Sox open to dealing Andrew Bailey?
|11.27.12 at 3:03 pm ET|
According to a tweet from ESPN’s Buster Olney, the Red Sox are open to dealing reliever Andrew Bailey, but likely won’t because of how low his trade value is after an injury-plagued 2012 season.
Tweeted Olney: “Rival teams say that Red Sox open to dealing Andrew Bailey–but because his value is currently low, odds of them trading him are pretty low.”
The Red Sox traded for Bailey last offseason, sending outfielder Josh Reddick, third baseman Miles Head and right-hander Raul Alcantara to the Athletics in exchange for Bailey and outfielder Ryan Sweeney.
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox 40-man roster additions expected
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Surprise wins title, struggles continue for Webster