Hot Stove: Red Sox open to dealing Andrew Bailey?
|11.27.12 at 3:03 pm ET|
According to a tweet from ESPN’s Buster Olney, the Red Sox are open to dealing reliever Andrew Bailey, but likely won’t because of how low his trade value is after an injury-plagued 2012 season.
Tweeted Olney: “Rival teams say that Red Sox open to dealing Andrew Bailey–but because his value is currently low, odds of them trading him are pretty low.”
The Red Sox traded for Bailey last offseason, sending outfielder Josh Reddick, third baseman Miles Head and right-hander Raul Alcantara to the Athletics in exchange for Bailey and outfielder Ryan Sweeney.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox acquire two pitching prospects in Peavy trade
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket pushes streak to 11 games
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson strikes out 12 in win, Betts leads PawSox in route
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Owens falters in Futures rematch; Shaw leads PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball
- Cup of Coffee: Acosta scores four in GCL Sox sweep
- Weekly Notes: Betts returns to Pawtucket, Owens wins ninth straight