Hot Stove: Braves sign B.J. Upton
|11.28.12 at 6:09 pm ET|
The Braves have signed former Rays outfielder B.J. Upton, according to multiple reports. The deal is worth $75.25 million over five years.
Upton, 28, has spent his entire career with the Rays since being drafted by Tampa with the second overall pick in the 2002 draft. Last season, he hit .246/.298/.454 with 28 homers and 78 runs batted in.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads
- Cup of Coffee: McGrath lights-out, Sea Dogs' bats back Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Perez helps GCL Red Sox clinch division