Hot Stove: Braves sign B.J. Upton
|11.28.12 at 6:09 pm ET|
The Braves have signed former Rays outfielder B.J. Upton, according to multiple reports. The deal is worth $75.25 million over five years.
Upton, 28, has spent his entire career with the Rays since being drafted by Tampa with the second overall pick in the 2002 draft. Last season, he hit .246/.298/.454 with 28 homers and 78 runs batted in.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers
- The Write-Up: More from the Fort