Hot Stove: Braves sign B.J. Upton
|11.28.12 at 6:09 pm ET|
The Braves have signed former Rays outfielder B.J. Upton, according to multiple reports. The deal is worth $75.25 million over five years.
Upton, 28, has spent his entire career with the Rays since being drafted by Tampa with the second overall pick in the 2002 draft. Last season, he hit .246/.298/.454 with 28 homers and 78 runs batted in.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot
- Podcast Ep. #108: 2016 Rankings Special
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Kopech continues to dominate
- October Notes: Fall ball and front office changes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada sidelined by thumb sprain
- Help Wanted: Web Editors & Social Media Specialists