Hot Stove: David Wright reportedly has 8-year deal with Mets
|11.30.12 at 9:07 am ET|
According to a report on New York sports radio station WFAN, the Mets reached an agreement with third baseman David Wright on an eight-year, $138 million contract that would be the richest in franchise history.
The 30-year-old Wright, who would have been eligible for free agency after next season, hit .306 with a .391 on-base percentage, .492 slugging percentage, 21 home runs and 93 RBIs last season. Selected with the 38th overall pick in the 2001 draft, Wright is the team’s career leader in hits (1,426), RBIs (818), runs (790) and walks (616).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens