Hot Stove: David Wright reportedly has 8-year deal with Mets
|11.30.12 at 9:07 am ET|
According to a report on New York sports radio station WFAN, the Mets reached an agreement with third baseman David Wright on an eight-year, $138 million contract that would be the richest in franchise history.
The 30-year-old Wright, who would have been eligible for free agency after next season, hit .306 with a .391 on-base percentage, .492 slugging percentage, 21 home runs and 93 RBIs last season. Selected with the 38th overall pick in the 2001 draft, Wright is the team’s career leader in hits (1,426), RBIs (818), runs (790) and walks (616).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Ian Cundall
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Matt Huegel
- Sox have seventh pick in draft
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Chris Hatfield
- SoxProspects.com 2014 season-end award winners
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #64: Playing Out the Stretch
- Weekly Notes: Prospects flock to Boston
- 2014 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game