Hot Stove: David Wright reportedly has 8-year deal with Mets
|11.30.12 at 9:07 am ET|
According to a report on New York sports radio station WFAN, the Mets reached an agreement with third baseman David Wright on an eight-year, $138 million contract that would be the richest in franchise history.
The 30-year-old Wright, who would have been eligible for free agency after next season, hit .306 with a .391 on-base percentage, .492 slugging percentage, 21 home runs and 93 RBIs last season. Selected with the 38th overall pick in the 2001 draft, Wright is the team’s career leader in hits (1,426), RBIs (818), runs (790) and walks (616).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Speier helps GCL Sox clinch division title
- Marrero and Coyle headed to Arizona Fall League
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis rips first career home run in GCL Sox win
- Weekly Notes: Battle for CF heats up with new addition
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads the way, Wilkerson keeps rolling
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson dominates NH, Coyle hits 14th
- Cup of Coffee: Keith Couch strong for Portland; Salem walk off
- Reports: Red Sox sign Cuban OF Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Miller homer lifts Portland following Rodriguez gem
- Barnes continues resurgence behind explosive fastball, strong curve