Hot Stove: David Wright reportedly has 8-year deal with Mets
|11.30.12 at 9:07 am ET|
According to a report on New York sports radio station WFAN, the Mets reached an agreement with third baseman David Wright on an eight-year, $138 million contract that would be the richest in franchise history.
The 30-year-old Wright, who would have been eligible for free agency after next season, hit .306 with a .391 on-base percentage, .492 slugging percentage, 21 home runs and 93 RBIs last season. Selected with the 38th overall pick in the 2001 draft, Wright is the team’s career leader in hits (1,426), RBIs (818), runs (790) and walks (616).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Top 40 Season in Review: Anderson Espinoza and Alex Hassan
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rivero, Castillo make early impressions
- Top 40 Season in Review: Noe Ramirez and Luis Diaz
- Top 40 Season in Review: Bryce Brentz and Christopher Acosta
- Top 40 Season in Review: Justin Haley and Jake Cosart
- Top 40 Season in Review: Drake Britton and Dalier Hinojosa
- Top 40 Season in Review: Cody Kukuk and Jamie Callahan
- Top 40 Season in Review: Dan Butler and Mauricio Dubon
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Coyle impress early
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three