Hot Stove: Russell Martin leaves Yankees for Pirates
|11.30.12 at 9:18 am ET|
Tweeted Martin on Thursday night: I want to thank the @yankees organization and fans for treating me with class and respect… I will truly miss the city and people of NY.
Martin, 29, hit .211 with a .311 on-base percentage, a .403 slugging percentage, 21 home runs and 53 RBIs in 133 games last season. His batting average has declined each of the last five seasons after he hit .293 for the Dodgers in his first All-Star season of 2007.
Martin will replace Rod Barajas, who hit .206/.283/.343 with 11 homers and 31 RBIs and threw out just 6 percent of potential base-stealers in his one season in Pittsburgh.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Luis Alexander Basabe