Hot Stove: Russell Martin leaves Yankees for Pirates
|11.30.12 at 9:18 am ET|
Tweeted Martin on Thursday night: I want to thank the @yankees organization and fans for treating me with class and respect… I will truly miss the city and people of NY.
Martin, 29, hit .211 with a .311 on-base percentage, a .403 slugging percentage, 21 home runs and 53 RBIs in 133 games last season. His batting average has declined each of the last five seasons after he hit .293 for the Dodgers in his first All-Star season of 2007.
Martin will replace Rod Barajas, who hit .206/.283/.343 with 11 homers and 31 RBIs and threw out just 6 percent of potential base-stealers in his one season in Pittsburgh.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando