Hot Stove: Russell Martin leaves Yankees for Pirates
|11.30.12 at 9:18 am ET|
Tweeted Martin on Thursday night: I want to thank the @yankees organization and fans for treating me with class and respect… I will truly miss the city and people of NY.
Martin, 29, hit .211 with a .311 on-base percentage, a .403 slugging percentage, 21 home runs and 53 RBIs in 133 games last season. His batting average has declined each of the last five seasons after he hit .293 for the Dodgers in his first All-Star season of 2007.
Martin will replace Rod Barajas, who hit .206/.283/.343 with 11 homers and 31 RBIs and threw out just 6 percent of potential base-stealers in his one season in Pittsburgh.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Couch leads PawSox to Series win
- Cup of Coffee: Owens struggles, pushing PawSox to the brink
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket drops game two in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket takes game one of Governor's Cup
- Rusney Castillo flashes exciting potential in Triple-A debut
- Barnes promoted to Boston
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes
- Weekly Notes: Playoff baseball begins for affiliates, Castillo continues ascent