Hot Stove: Alex Rodriguez reportedly will have surgery on hip, miss two months of 2013 season
|12.03.12 at 11:24 am ET|
Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez will have surgery on his left hip, according to New York Post writer Joel Sherman. Rodriguez, who previously had surgery on his right hip, is expected to miss to the first two months of the 2013 season.
Rodriguez apparently was playing in the playoffs with a torn labrum. Mark Feisand of the New York Daily News tweeted that Rodriguez’ surgery will take place in January.
With Rodriguez facing rehab and shortstop Derek Jeter still on the mend from his surgery, the Yankees are likely to make a move to shore up the left side of the infield. Ken Rosenthal at Fox Sports indicated that candidates include former Red Sox shortstop Marco Scutaro, who played 2012 for the Rockies before being traded to the Giants and helping them win the World Series, and Jeff Keppinger, who played for the Rays in 2012 and is on his way back from a broken right fibula.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi walk-off bomb keeps Drive in hunt
- Updated: Espinoza to Greenville, Allen to Lowell highlight GCL promotions
- Scouting Scratch: Javier Guerra, Michael Chavis, Nick Longhi
- Cup of Coffee: GCL Red Sox capture second straight league title
- Notes from the Field: Spruill, Marrero, Hernandez in Allentown
- Cup of Coffee: Reign delay for the GCL Red Sox
- Sam Travis highlights six announced for Arizona Fall League
- Moncada's big year nets him multiple South Atlantic League honors
- Cup of Coffee: Perez leads GCL Sox to walk-off win in finals opener
- Weekly Notes: Greenville makes playoff push, GCL Sox reach finals