Hot Stove: Alex Rodriguez reportedly will have surgery on hip, miss two months of 2013 season
|12.03.12 at 11:24 am ET|
Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez will have surgery on his left hip, according to New York Post writer Joel Sherman. Rodriguez, who previously had surgery on his right hip, is expected to miss to the first two months of the 2013 season.
Rodriguez apparently was playing in the playoffs with a torn labrum. Mark Feisand of the New York Daily News tweeted that Rodriguez’ surgery will take place in January.
With Rodriguez facing rehab and shortstop Derek Jeter still on the mend from his surgery, the Yankees are likely to make a move to shore up the left side of the infield. Ken Rosenthal at Fox Sports indicated that candidates include former Red Sox shortstop Marco Scutaro, who played 2012 for the Rockies before being traded to the Giants and helping them win the World Series, and Jeff Keppinger, who played for the Rays in 2012 and is on his way back from a broken right fibula.
- Preliminary 'New Stars for Young Stars' lineup announced
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder