Hot Stove: Alex Rodriguez reportedly will have surgery on hip, miss two months of 2013 season
|12.03.12 at 11:24 am ET|
Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez will have surgery on his left hip, according to New York Post writer Joel Sherman. Rodriguez, who previously had surgery on his right hip, is expected to miss to the first two months of the 2013 season.
Rodriguez apparently was playing in the playoffs with a torn labrum. Mark Feisand of the New York Daily News tweeted that Rodriguez’ surgery will take place in January.
With Rodriguez facing rehab and shortstop Derek Jeter still on the mend from his surgery, the Yankees are likely to make a move to shore up the left side of the infield. Ken Rosenthal at Fox Sports indicated that candidates include former Red Sox shortstop Marco Scutaro, who played 2012 for the Rockies before being traded to the Giants and helping them win the World Series, and Jeff Keppinger, who played for the Rays in 2012 and is on his way back from a broken right fibula.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Updating the scouting reports - stage two complete
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster