Hot Stove: Mets ‘serious’ about trading R.A. Dickey
|12.03.12 at 3:52 pm ET|
Citing sources, ESPN’s Jayson Stark tweeted Monday that the Mets are “serious” about trading 2012 National League Cy Young winner R.A. Dickey and that a deal could happen as soon as this week.
Stark lists the Rangels and the Royals as the most logical fits for the knuckle-baller. Last season, the 38-year-old Dickey led the NL in games started (33) innings pitched (233 2/3) and strikeouts (230). He posted a 20-6 record for the Mets with a 2.73 ERA.
- Preliminary 'New Stars for Young Stars' lineup announced
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder