Hot Stove: Rangers reportedly agree to re-sign C Geovany Soto
|12.03.12 at 11:31 am ET|
According to multiple reports, the Rangers and catcher Geovany Soto have agreed on a one-year deal worth approximately $3 million.
Soto, 29, hit .198 with a .270 on-base percentage, a .343 slugging percentage, 11 home runs and 39 RBIs in 99 games split between the Cubs and Rangers. Over his eight-year career, he’s hitting .248/.336/.437 with 82 home runs and 289 RBIs.
He was non-tendered by the Rangers last week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Betts collects four hits to lead Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson's stellar start leads Salem
- Cup of Coffee: De La Rosa, Stankiewicz pitch well in victories
- Two decades later, Billy McMillon back in Portland
- The Write-Up: Garin Cecchini and Christian Vazquez
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket holds on to win, Salem drops doubleheader
- Cup of Coffee: Rain halts three affiliates, Greenville falls again
- Players of the Week, 4/7-13: Kevin Mager & Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Coyle, Betts lift up Owens in Sea Dogs win
- Weekly Notes: Betts, Owens continue torrid starts