Hot Stove: Rangers reportedly agree to re-sign C Geovany Soto
|12.03.12 at 11:31 am ET|
According to multiple reports, the Rangers and catcher Geovany Soto have agreed on a one-year deal worth approximately $3 million.
Soto, 29, hit .198 with a .270 on-base percentage, a .343 slugging percentage, 11 home runs and 39 RBIs in 99 games split between the Cubs and Rangers. Over his eight-year career, he’s hitting .248/.336/.437 with 82 home runs and 289 RBIs.
He was non-tendered by the Rangers last week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rich in pitching depth
- Fort Report: The games begin
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #53: Spring Training Mailbag
- Red Sox sign outfielder Bo Greenwell to minor league deal
- Josh Maurer joins PawSox radio team
- Fort Report: Camp kicks into full gear
- New Feature: Young Graduates
- Pitcher Francisco Tena suspended
- Fort Report: Pitchers and catchers report
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #52: ESPN Insider Keith Law on ranking the Red Sox