Hot Stove: RHP Jason Marquis appears headed back to Padres
|12.03.12 at 11:38 am ET|
Marquis, 34, started the 2012 season with the Twins but was designated for assignment after posting an 2-4 record and 8.47 ERA in seven starts. After joining the Padres, he recorded a 6-7 record and 4.04 ERA in 15 starts. For the year, he had 91 strikeouts and 42 walks in 127 2/3 innings. He allowed 23 home runs.
In 13 years with eight teams, Marquis has a career record of 112-109 with a 4.60 ERA and 1,065 strikeouts.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players