Hot Stove: RHP Jason Marquis appears headed back to Padres
|12.03.12 at 11:38 am ET|
Marquis, 34, started the 2012 season with the Twins but was designated for assignment after posting an 2-4 record and 8.47 ERA in seven starts. After joining the Padres, he recorded a 6-7 record and 4.04 ERA in 15 starts. For the year, he had 91 strikeouts and 42 walks in 127 2/3 innings. He allowed 23 home runs.
In 13 years with eight teams, Marquis has a career record of 112-109 with a 4.60 ERA and 1,065 strikeouts.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Eduardo Rodriguez to be recalled for Thursday start
- Cup of Coffee: Roof and Tekotte go back-to-back in Portland win
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Stankiewicz fires eight-inning gem to lead Salem
- Weekly Notes: The Yoan Moncada era begins
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker