Hot Stove: RHP Jason Marquis appears headed back to Padres
|12.03.12 at 11:38 am ET|
Marquis, 34, started the 2012 season with the Twins but was designated for assignment after posting an 2-4 record and 8.47 ERA in seven starts. After joining the Padres, he recorded a 6-7 record and 4.04 ERA in 15 starts. For the year, he had 91 strikeouts and 42 walks in 127 2/3 innings. He allowed 23 home runs.
In 13 years with eight teams, Marquis has a career record of 112-109 with a 4.60 ERA and 1,065 strikeouts.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston