Hot Stove: RHP Jason Marquis appears headed back to Padres
|12.03.12 at 11:38 am ET|
Marquis, 34, started the 2012 season with the Twins but was designated for assignment after posting an 2-4 record and 8.47 ERA in seven starts. After joining the Padres, he recorded a 6-7 record and 4.04 ERA in 15 starts. For the year, he had 91 strikeouts and 42 walks in 127 2/3 innings. He allowed 23 home runs.
In 13 years with eight teams, Marquis has a career record of 112-109 with a 4.60 ERA and 1,065 strikeouts.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez continues to swing hot bat
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello